How to keep cool in summer heat

srvhero

"leastbest"
OK drivers, the temperature is rising as fast as the stop counts. I need all suggestions on ways to keep cooler this summer. Please provide all of your cooling secrets. Has anyone out there tried a cooling vest?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have a spray bottle. I spray my face, arms, legs, etc to help cool off. I soak my head with water.
Soak your head in water? That reminded me of the scene in 'True Lies' where Jamie Lee used the vase of water to slick back her hair.....sexy stuff !!!

jaker

trolling
Deal with it and move on its life of a driver , try to stay out of the back and keep the truck moving , on really hot days I try to line up my truck in the morning so I don't have to in the afternoon

killamjl

Step 1... ( Warm Weather ) Lots of cool water, I keep mine in a big styrofoam cup in the cup holder(if you have on in your truck) take a sip every stop. Dont chug

Step 2... ( Hot Weather) Get a decent sized ice chest. Something that can hold at least a bag of ice, but something easy enough to carry around.

Step 3... (Really Hot Weather) Place a hand towel or something similar in ice chest and make sure its soaked, wrap around you neck, every 20-30mins, resoak in ice water. Dont be afriad to get a little wet, makes a huge difference

Step 4...(Hell) Use above 3 steps and I add a clip on fan I bough from amazon, keeps the air moving and plugs into a 12v car adapter(do this at your own risk).

If I do all those things the heat never bothers me, its just a pain to have to set it all up in the morning.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
A friend of my son's dad just purchased a summer home on the lake I deliver to. They will only be using it on weekends. Got the garage code and key to the house this week. Will be doing lots of swimming off the pier as the weather heats up!

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Bid a rte that’s by the ocean, That’s what I did. I always take my lunch at beach where there is always a nice cool ocean breeze and the scenery isn't bad either.

brownelf

in regards to the OP, a few years back I got a pair of underarmour heat gear underwear for those really hot days. They are pricey but work well at keeping you cooler, as well as preventing heat rash in your vital areas.

TheKid

Drink , drink , drink . . . . .
Wet a washcloth in the morning and keep it on ice in your cooler.
Wipe your face , neck and wrists down every hour or so . . .