How would you handle this?

Hedley_Lamarr

I thought Patel translated to "innkeeper". Seriously-that is what I was told here and the majority of hotels/motels are owned by Patels.
Keep in mind that a sales lady from UPS told me that Patel means farmer in Hindi. So I as they do, really, really don't have any Idea of what I'm talking about....:dont_know:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I had a delivery for an elderly handicapped lady on Fri. At the time I didn't know she was handicapped. I knock on the door, heard her say something, so I left the pkg at the door and was halfway back to the truck before she got out the door. Then I heard her hollering. When I turned back I could see she was using a walker and she said she couldn't pick up the pkg, so I walked back to the house to take the pkg inside for her. Sometimes it doesn't pay to get in a big hurry. LOL

H

hseofpayne

I had a delivery for an elderly handicapped lady on Fri. At the time I didn't know she was handicapped. I knock on the door, heard her say something, so I left the pkg at the door and was halfway back to the truck before she got out the door. Then I heard her hollering. When I turned back I could see she was using a walker and she said she couldn't pick up the pkg, so I walked back to the house to take the pkg inside for her. Sometimes it doesn't pay to get in a big hurry. LOL

I had a lady on my rte that was dying of emphasema(sp). She was in her late 70's and had to have an oxygen tank with the hose and mask over her face all the time. She received a delivery once a month of the painkiller Oxycontin and a daily delivery of QVC pkgs. By the end of each month, she would come to the door shaking, asking if I had her medicine, always killed me to have to say no. Now for the problem; she had a fenced in yard and in that fence was a liitle dog that would bark, growl, and run circles around you. My first time there, I was scared to go in the fence, so I just beat the horn til she came out. Once I saw what she had to go through to get up and to the door, I decided to take my chances w/ the dog. The lady gave the same story everybody gives us of how their dog won't bite, but I never let that dog out of my sight. As long as you kept your eye on the dog, you were OK. In my couple years delivering to her, I put together stereos, an exercise bike for her daughter, set up a satellite dish, all kinds of stuff. Her daughter was over 300 lbs and of no help to her. When I was bumped off the rte., the new driver refused to go in the gate and would just leave notices on her gate. He was a big ole guy, but he wasn't the kind of guy to go out of his way to help anybody but himself. Of all the customers I have missed when I lost a rte, she was probably the one I missed most.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I know what you mean hse. It's funny how certain customers get 'under the skin' so to speak. I don't have a bidded rte yet but I have done certain rtes so much that they may as well be my rte. And there are certain customers on every one of them that I would go out of my to acknowledge even on my day off.