hurricane

MAKAVELI

I don't know guy, doesn't an 'article' like this just add to the division?

False dichotomy, as if the 'redneck duck hunters' are the 'quiet ones', and everyone on the 'left' turns their noses down on these people.

Bullocks.

I think one of the lessons of Harvey is that Americans, regardless of party, race, or religion, will help out other Americans in need.

If you have a chip on your shoulder about the 'left', please don't disguise it with a propo-piece about how camo-clad-boat-owning-duck-hunting-veterans are the only Americans who will show up in times of need.

Rubbish.

This is something Moreluck would post - I appreciate the sentiment, but you mos-def need to link to the article you're referencing.

Unless you wrote it?
He apparently doesn't know there are people of all races and backgrounds helping. Not just his redneck heros.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't know guy, doesn't an 'article' like this just add to the division?

False dichotomy, as if the 'redneck duck hunters' are the 'quiet ones', and everyone on the 'left' turns their noses down on these people.

Bullocks.

I think one of the lessons of Harvey is that Americans, regardless of party, race, or religion, will help out other Americans in need.

If you have a chip on your shoulder about the 'left', please don't disguise it with a propo-piece about how camo-clad-boat-owning-duck-hunting-veterans are the only Americans who will show up in times of need.

Rubbish.

This is something Moreluck would post - I appreciate the sentiment, but you mos-def need to link to the article you're referencing.

Unless you wrote it?
I guess I should have read it before I posted that.
You seem a bit perturbed about its content and that's good enough for me. :raspberry:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Someone else wrote this:

Let this sink in for a minute.....Hundreds and hundreds of small boats pulled by countless pickups and SUVs from across the South are headed for Houston. Almost all of them driven by men. They're using their own property, sacrificing their own time, spending their own money, and risking their own lives for one reason: to help total strangers in desperate need.

Most of them are by themselves. Most are dressed like the redneck duck hunters and bass fisherman they are. Many are veterans. Most are wearing well-used gimme-hats, t-shirts, and jeans; and there's a preponderance of camo. Most are probably gun owners, and most probably voted for Trump.

These are the people the Left loves to hate, the ones Maddow mocks. The ones Maher and Olbermann just *know* they're so much better than.

These are The Quiet Ones. They don't wear masks and tear down statues. They don't, as a rule, march and demonstrate. And most have probably never been in a Whole Foods.

But they'll spend the next several days wading in cold, dirty water; dodging gators and water moccasins and fire ants; eating whatever meager rations are available; and sleeping wherever they can in dirty, damp clothes. Their reward is the tears and the hugs and the smiles from the terrified people they help. They'll deliver one boatload, and then go back for more.

When disaster strikes, it's what men do. Real men. Heroic men. American men. And then they'll knock back a few shots, or a few beers with like-minded men they've never met before, and talk about fish, or ten-point bucks, or the benefits of hollow-point ammo, or their friend-150.

And the next time they hear someone talk about "the patriarchy", or "male privilege", they'll snort, turn off the TV and go to bed.

In the meantime, they'll likely be up again before dawn. To do it again. Until the helpless are rescued. And the work's done.

They're unlikely to be reimbursed. There won't be medals. They won't care. They're heroes. And it's what they do.
Amazing.
Republicans somehow even manage to use selfless acts of kindness during a natural disaster as an excuse to bash liberals and bitch and moan about the media. All the while patting themselves on the back for being good ole boys. Lulz.

What a pathetic bunch of narcissistic cuckservatives.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
LOL!
Just read past the first paragraph.
It's not as bad as y'all make it out to be.
I could see how a few cuckservatives might confirm their Confirmation Bias.

BrownArmy

I guess I should have read it before I posted that.
You seem a bit perturbed about its content and that's good enough for me. :raspberry:

So you post things you haven't read?

I'll keep that in mind. :blushing2:

I just think it's one of those nativist propaganda pieces that serves no other purpose than to make one segment of the population feel that they're somehow 'more' American than anyone else, and since, in that very piece, it referenced Maddow et al, and disparaged the 'left', than it's clearly coming from the mindset that seeks to turn everything 'left' into the elite monster that seeks to take away every southerner's toddlers' camo underpants.

But you haven't read it, so.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
According to a half a dozen posters on here everyone is ----except them---they are perfect
ObviousElegantEyra.gif