hurt at work

derrick

i was working and unloading a truck. after unloading I stepped out of the truck. using 3 points of contact and when I took my next step i rolled my ankle i think between the flat and the grade with the holes in it. well felt a sharp pain then went right way. well kept working. hour later started feeling pain and getting worse. told manager and he said go home for the night and if I feel bad tomorrow they will send me to the clinic. went home woke up to use the bathroom and had to craw to the bathroom because of pain. went back in the morning to work and couldn't walk without a cane so asked to go to the clinic. i had to sit and go to 2 rooms and talk to 3 sups and a regional manager just to go to the damn clinic because they kept says wait one more day or wait over the weekend. it was a stage 2 sprain and im on light duty. can't lift more then 5 pounds, or be on my feet for more then 3 hours a day. then went to the hospital because clinic only gave me a compression band and said take pain meds. hospital actually gave me a leg brace.

now manager is saying I have to go through some program and have to do the 5 and 10 and driving test and all. problem is I wasn't driving when I got hurt I was in the building. also I have to come in the normal shift and help the ladies at the counter if they need help. Makes no sense to me because I can't lift more then 5 pounds or be on my feet for 3 hours a day. so can they even do this?

i was working and unloading a truck. after unloading I stepped out of the truck. using 3 points of contact and when I took my next step i rolled my ankle i think between the flat and the grade with the holes in it. well felt a sharp pain then went right way. well kept working. hour later started feeling pain and getting worse. told manager and he said go home for the night and if I feel bad tomorrow they will send me to the clinic. went home woke up to use the bathroom and had to craw to the bathroom because of pain. went back in the morning to work and couldn't walk without a cane so asked to go to the clinic. i had to sit and go to 2 rooms and talk to 3 sups and a regional manager just to go to the damn clinic because they kept says wait one more day or wait over the weekend. it was a stage 2 sprain and im on light duty. can't lift more then 5 pounds, or be on my feet for more then 3 hours a day. then went to the hospital because clinic only gave me a compression band and said take pain meds. hospital actually gave me a leg brace.

now manager is saying I have to go through some program and have to do the 5 and 10 and driving test and all. problem is I wasn't driving when I got hurt I was in the building. also I have to come in the normal shift and help the ladies at the counter if they need help. Makes no sense to me because I can't lift more then 5 pounds or be on my feet for 3 hours a day. so can they even do this?
Anytime you get hurt you have to go through safe safety training.
Answer the first 30 days being out that give you a temporary work assignment which is complete BS do you have to do it

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

if you’re getting paid to help the ladie just roll with it

Nolimitz

You have to do light duty or TAW. It’s 30 working days at your pay rate for all hours worked. Don’t go anywhere for any treatment besides the work comp doctor. Also talk to your steward and make sure you have an injury claim number.
Not great advise. My wife was hit by a truck (f250) at work (hospital parking lot). WC covered most of the medical, but they did not find or look for a back injury that was only found by MRI at our expense. we have hired a lawyer to seek damages from truck policy. we have no plans to sue unless the insurance company tries to be dick heads. she was awarded a 10% perm. lifetime disability from WC so that was some consolation.

IMHO see any doc you need to see if needed

JustDeliverIt

Also, depends what state you're in. Here (NY), after the initial visit to company doc, you get a WC claim number and can go to your own doctor for second opinion and treatment. Check your states laws.

Nolimitz

Also, depends what state you're in. Here (NY), after the initial visit to company doc, you get a WC claim number and can go to your own doctor for second opinion and treatment. Check your states laws.
I don't trust WC as far as I can toss em. total medical scam. union or not. deny everything and get back to work

SandSpida

Do not go back to work until you feel 100%, Listen only to the doctors, those are the guys that went to college for 10 years. Accidents happen and that’s what happened to you.

Made brown

You could walk into an industrial clinic with a severed arm hanging on only by a piece of skin. It's likely you will get an ace bandage, ibuprofen 800(the strong kind)and an order for light duty to lift no more than 25 pounds. /sarcasm

takesteady

Did the shifter park the trailer flush with the wall? I put my entire leg through the space between the trailer and the wall more times than I can count. I should really start looking up more often

derrick

You could walk into an industrial clinic with a severed arm hanging on only by a piece of skin. It's likely you will get an ace bandage, ibuprofen 800(the strong kind)and an order for light duty to lift no more than 25 pounds. /sarcasm
damn lol that exactly what they gave me except no more then 5 pounds.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Not great advise. My wife was hit by a truck (f250) at work (hospital parking lot). WC covered most of the medical, but they did not find or look for a back injury that was only found by MRI at our expense. we have hired a lawyer to seek damages from truck policy. we have no plans to sue unless the insurance company tries to be dick heads. she was awarded a 10% perm. lifetime disability from WC so that was some consolation.

IMHO see any doc you need to see if needed
A sprained ankle and getting hit by a truck are two different things. I would’ve recommended a lawyer for a more serious injury but a sprained ankle is common and easy to recover from in most cases. I hurt my back and came back to work to only go out again because I knew I needed an MRI. Sorry she got so hurt, hope all is well today.

vvv

You have to do light duty or TAW. It’s 30 working days at your pay rate for all hours worked. Don’t go anywhere for any treatment besides the work comp doctor. Also talk to your steward and make sure you have an injury claim number.
Are you saying to the OP to only see the UPS related doctor from initial clinic visit?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Just so op knows, you can change your “attending physician” at any time during the injury process. For example; if there’s a chiro you want to go to but the workman comp dr doesn’t like chiros so he denies it....just change to a different dr. It’s your legal right.