I get this ODS last winter that a customer wants to meet me

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Fitbit App :), Jul 5, 2018.

1. Fitbit App :)

Fitbit App :) Vote! We all agree everybody should vote

I scroll through EDD and ODS back to the center to have her meet me at this Tire & Brake shop. I have a good amount of bulk under shelf 2 & 6 and I pull up to the shop, pop the bulkhead and slide the cart out and start digging pkgs out and here she is right there. Perfect. I check her ID, scan her box and off she goes... now I start to load the handtruck with the tire/brake boxes and this young kid that is racing around this pickup with his air ratchet popping off wheels. Sits it down & comes over to me and asks if he can help ME!!! Of course I said yes and just got him to sign as I dug and scanned as he wheeled them to back of the shop. Great kid! I noticed as fast as I could dig out the bulk he was right back for another load. I looked at all his co-workers in those bays... 6-7 others and they were all gunning hard! Like it was their first week on the job. Tremendously hard working crew. I thanked the kid as I loaded the hand cart back in and said if you are ever looking for another job that pays over $30 an hour with a ton of benefits. You apply online & I can put in a good word for ya.

This kid has now been a driver with us now for 2-months and the bosses love him.

The point of the story is, UPS folks are not the ONLY hard working citizens out there. Plenty of others out there working just as hard as you or I for a lot less. Don't think YOU can't be REPLACED!

Think about it...

• Optimistic x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Old x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Creative x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
  2. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

8277B55A-D391-4CE9-93E9-DA265673306A.gif

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  3. no_map_needed

no_map_needed Knowledge is key, Experience is power.

I thought about it. Then I farted.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Fitbit App :)

Fitbit App :) Vote! We all agree everybody should vote

Now with that said. I also know that those Tire & Brake workers don't work after 8pm. However, I have seen them work until 7pm. I also believe they're not under the watchful eye as much as UPS employees are. Whereas almost every minute is calculated from PCM to punch.

UPSer's earn their wage & benefits. No debating that. The tire & brake guys probably also have Christmas parties and summer picnics from their company. More appreciation and a spirit of a job well done attitude that UPSer's don't often get. I understand that too.

It's my belief that any good 6-figure paying job factoring in wages & benefits will be NOT be null & void of stress or pressure.

You earn it, you deserve the burner turned down to simmer at times. It's tough I know. Yet, let's not get all greedy and disgruntled.

We have it pretty damn good and if we didn't. Why are we even here?

Before you cast your ballot. I just ask the membership to sit down and write a list of 'what if's' pros & cons. What if we walk out. What if we stay. What if?

Have a great day out there. Stay Cool.

5. Wrong

Wrong :))

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  6. Wrong

Wrong :))

Honestly I’ve had the opposite experience recruiting people to come work for UPS. When someone ask if they’re hiring I tell them always. Because they can’t keep people. I’ve been used as a reference multiple times, not a single one stayed with UPS.

Terrible company to work for, great pay IF you make it to driving. Even then full time pay is low for the work you are doing when starting out.

7. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Les schwab?

8. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

I think you are easily replaceable. Now quit pretending to be a driver. Nobody here thinks we are the only people who have work ethic. The problem lies with the company and new people coming in trying to make this a career nowadays. Get it??? Nobody complaining about 37 an hour. Understand??

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Don't act like your objective isn't to get a bad contract passed that'll weaken the Union and open the door to additional hacking away at pay and benefits in the future.

There's not a driver on here who thinks there won't be another butt in the seat if they're gone tomorrow. Fortunately we have a Union that affords us certain job security and protections. And we shouldn't be eager to weaken it as passage of the proposed Contract would do.

Spooky! I'd rather take my chances on the "What if's" from a strike and show of Union solidarity than the "What if's" from passage of a complete sellout of a Contract and the creation of a permanent underclass of full time driver.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  10. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Moving thread to the Nobody cares section.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

That is a "Dave" story...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. silverbullet2893

silverbullet2893 KILL KILL!!

Ok Abney

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Back first

Back first Active Member

We get it your voting yes on the contract. Stop trying to persuade everyone else.

14. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

richard-simmons.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Did not read one single solitary word.

16. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

The cliff notes is, fit bit app is an ORS who loves men.

17. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

ROTFLMAO

18. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I don't believe Mr Fitbit is an hourly employee. Just mho..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

I can think of a recently retired driver who might be so bored he is starting alot of threads under a different user name.....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. IESucks

IESucks Active Member

Yawn

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List