I lost both Step 1 & 2 of the GFT, on step 3, wish me luck guys

Hararger

I'm the guy who tapped a plastic pole in the station with my van and didn't report it because there was no damage. I misunderstood our policy. I wasn't hiding anything.

I gotta say I'm really disappointed with the GFT process. I know it's something they don't have to provide but it has not been good for me.
Step 1 I was suppose to meet with my manager, the guy who runs the station, an HR rep, and the manager for the whole district. It was his decision on whether I got my job back or not. Well guess what, I shaved, put on my best dress shirt and slacks, just for him to "join" us on speaker phone. How can he judge my character over the phone because that is what the GFT is. Everyone knows I did it but perhaps I can sway them to give me my job back.

Step 2 was to reviewed by the vice president of the something. I was told I would have meetings for all steps in the GFT. Nope. Just got a letter saying they reviewed everything and they are upholding the decision.

Step 3 is going to be reviewed by a board in Memphis but probably it'll be the same thing where I just receive a letter with the decision. I was told I would have to go to Memphis to plee my case. I don't know why I was lied to so much about the process.

Anyways I was just simply on here to rant and get some blessings on this third step. If I don't get my job back, I'll lurk here sometimes incase people have questions about the process and possibly dump the docs to show you how it goes.

Last edited:

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Guessing they dislike the OP for other reasons... that should've been swept under the rug if no major damage to the building or vehicle has occurred.

A warning should've been the worst of it.

Cameras everywhere nowadays, so report every little thing.

Good luck on your next adventure, @Hararger

Serf

Not being all that sarcastic, you could prob tell them you'll get a CDL & be an RTD if they take you back. They'd probably consider it since Fedex is so short quality RTD's.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Not being all that sarcastic, you could prob tell them you'll get a CDL & be an RTD if they take you back. They'd probably consider it since Fedex is so short quality RTD's.

They are short RTD's because they aren't paying the market wage. Express wants to pay several dollars per hour less than the starting wage at just about every other trucking company and the result is you can't keep RTD's. If FedEx wants to fix their RTD issue, they need to raise the pay for them to match their competitors. And they need to make their 10 step program a 5 year top out program. Give out a raise twice a year instead of once per year. Make those simple changes and watch RTD's stick around. Of course Express won't do that. It's more cost effective to have a revolving door of RTD's to train rather than keeping the ones you have.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I’m sure these people who are on these review boards, HR and district managers all have bigger skeletons in their closets than tapping a plastic pole, the truth be told. Upper management is very skilled at making mountains out of mole hills when it comes to the little guy.

As for that mechanic who reported this what a weasel.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

I can hear it now. "He has trouble with vans, how about we put him in the biggest truck we can find?"

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
None of those jobs on the FedEx careers site locally. ... a fellow driver has a CDL B, but want to pursue into tractor trailer A.

I'm the guy who tapped a plastic pole in the station with my van and didn't report it because there was no damage. I misunderstood our policy. I wasn't hiding anything.

I gotta say I'm really disappointed with the GFT process. I know it's something they don't have to provide but it has not been good for me.
Step 1 I was suppose to meet with my manager, the guy who runs the station, an HR rep, and the manager for the whole district. It was his decision on whether I got my job back or not. Well guess what, I shaved, put on my best dress shirt and slacks, just for him to "join" us on speaker phone. How can he judge my character over the phone because that is what the GFT is. Everyone knows I did it but perhaps I can sway them to give me my job back.

Step 2 was to reviewed by the vice president of the something. I was told I would have meetings for all steps in the GFT. Nope. Just got a letter saying they reviewed everything and they are upholding the decision.

Step 3 is going to be reviewed by a board in Memphis but probably it'll be the same thing where I just receive a letter with the decision. I was told I would have to go to Memphis to plee my case. I don't know why I was lied to so much about the process.

The GFT process these days is a joke. Its like the Coyote guarding the hen house. They have it just to say they have it but in my experience it is worthless. It used to be different but those were different times. If you find you cannot get your job back there are worse things. I would not recommend Fedex as a career to new hires now. You can find a better job.
Anyways I was just simply on here to rant and get some blessings on this third step. If I don't get my job back, I'll lurk here sometimes incase people have questions about the process and possibly dump the docs to show you how it goes.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Mechanic saw me. Kinda sucks he didn't just tell me to report it and instead snitched. He also lied about where I hit the van.

You should have reported it even if it didn't leave any mark. That way managers know you're an honest person they can trust. I've reported things that left no damage. My manager appreciated the honesty and said don't worry about it. You're much less likely to get into trouble reporting something than not reporting it.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member

Try to imagine the potential legal ramifications of such an unorthodox scheme if something tragic happened involving this guy and the attorneys discovered it.

“Yes your honor, you heard that accurately. We previously terminated this employee for failure to report an accident he had in a small delivery van, so we made the decision to rehire him back as a tractor/trailer driver. We felt that was the prudent thing to do because we’ve really been hurting for tractor/trailer drivers.”

Could make for some interesting press.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You should have reported it even if it didn't leave any mark. That way managers know you're an honest person they can trust. I've reported things that left no damage. My manager appreciated the honesty and said don't worry about it. You're much less likely to get into trouble reporting something than not reporting it.
giphy (1).gif

Cactus

I can hear it now. "Cactus has trouble with everything. How about we put him out to pasture!"
First of all, that’s Mr. Cactus to you.

Secondly, I’m happily retired and working a part-time job. My pasture is green while you are still selling your soul to the company.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
First of all, that’s Mr. Cactus to you.

Secondly, I’m happily retired and working a part-time job. My pasture is green while you are still selling your soul to the company.

You did the company's bidding until you were old enough to retire and now you're on someone's case because they still work there? That's... the kind of logic I'd expect from you.

Cactus

You did the company's bidding until you were old enough to retire and now you're on someone's case because they still work there? That's... the kind of logic I'd expect from you.
You came crawling back remember?

And your use of the word work I’m sure is a misnomer. Your “job” is pretty much bottom of the barrel meaningless.