I.R.S.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I just received a rather interesting bill from the IRS .
According to their records my mortgage deduction on my 2011 tax return did not match the info my lender submitted . There fore they adjusted my income up a couple of thousand dollars payable in 30 days , unless I could prove them wrong .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did the 1098 you received in the mail match that of the information on your mortgage companies website?

I warned you about letting KOC do your taxes.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
I hated when my mortgage was constantly sold on the secondary market every couple of years. I even refinanced with a local bank but they still sold my mortgage before I even made the first payment. It does get confusing as to who currently owns your mortgage. Thankfully my house is paid for now so I don't need to worry about that mess.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I just received a rather interesting bill from the IRS .
According to their records my mortgage deduction on my 2011 tax return did not match the info my lender submitted . There fore they adjusted my income up a couple of thousand dollars payable in 30 days , unless I could prove them wrong .

Shouldnt try to cheat the government. People always think they can get away with fudging.

TOS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hated when my mortgage was constantly sold on the secondary market every couple of years. I even refinanced with a local bank but they still sold my mortgage before I even made the first payment. It does get confusing as to who currently owns your mortgage. Thankfully my house is paid for now so I don't need to worry about that mess.

That's called "discounting the note" and, yeah, I hate it to. It happened when I bought my condo and when I refinanced (twice).

moreluck

golden ticket member
Shouldnt try to cheat the government. People always think they can get away with fudging.

TOS

Teresa and Joe Guidice didn't file Income Tax 2004 to 2008........they should be going down at their trial in Feb. They have 39 counts each all against the Feds!!! Don't mess with the Feds....says Nancy Grace.

island1fox

Do not be concerned --Obama HAS assured us that there is not a smidgen of corruption at the IRS.

That certainly made me feel confident !! Who was that who took the fifth ???

island1fox

More,

tos would have never admitted to a very high ranking IRS official taking the fifth ----its like water under the bridge to him .

Remember Obama told us there is no corruption there ---and only Bush is a LIAR !!!