I regret going sup. I wanna drive.

limp_dic

How can I get a driver position if I’ve already gone pt sup? I don’t know if I should just quit and get rehired at another hub or if I should try to be that 1 out of 6. Tbh, the 1-6 ratio seems like it’d be a bitch and a half to pull off… I wish I knew what would be faster..
Im a ramp supervisor in Ontario. The hourlys are saying it takes about 4 years to get the call to drive out of this hub.
It makes me wonder if the wait time will be shorter out in the boonies like Palm Springs or Victorville. I’d be down to go anywhere. Even another state.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
First off make sure your HR file does not say " do not rehire " before you make any moves.
The larger the building the faster jobs become available.
I've know several p/t sups to become drivers.
Not one ever went back into mgt..

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
How can I get a driver position if I’ve already gone pt sup? I don’t know if I should just quit and get rehired at another hub or if I should try to be that 1 out of 6. Tbh, the 1-6 ratio seems like it’d be a bitch and a half to pull off… I wish I knew what would be faster..
Im a ramp supervisor in Ontario. The hourlys are saying it takes about 4 years to get the call to drive out of this hub.
It makes me wonder if the wait time will be shorter out in the boonies like Palm Springs or Victorville. I’d be down to go anywhere. Even another state.
1664912420149.gif

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
This is a USA only website
🇺🇸
🧔‍♂️✊

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
GRRRR I WANT TO DRIVE NOW!!!!!!!!

THEY TRICKED ME INTO PART TIME SUPE NOW I HATE MY LIFE!!!!

too bad buddy , quit and try to get hired on the morning shift for a few years.

😂😂

TopsyKrets

$41.51
Haha wh
It makes me wonder if the wait time will be shorter out in the boonies like Palm Springs or Victorville. I’d be down to go anywhere. Even another

Haha. What a loser. Hey I want to be a scab. Oh no wait never mind. Now I don’t. Just go work at McDonald’s. You’ll fit right in.

Thebrownblob

Nice screen name

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We tell people everyday here not to go into management if you are a good human being.

The only ones that can make it are the real dregs of society.

Well lets be honest and lets take a closer look at your work habits.
You said that you became a low level supervisor at UPS also called a Process assistant at Amazon. You most likely did this in order to avoid lifting boxes at UPS while you just pick on other workers telling them to do the work. You think your clever but UPS is one step ahead of you. I know at amazon the laziest workers became process assistants. They didn't want to work so they kissed up to management since amazon is always promoting Process assistants because in the end these same lazy workers eventually quit lasting only one season. This PA though they could walk around but didn't know management would be picking on them and blaming them for any failures during shift.
Now you want to become a delivery driver I'm assuming based on the pay but do not realize how labor intensive it is and this means that your basically looking for a excuse to quit UPS. Since once your offered a driver position you won't last a week than you will quit.
WHY?
BECAUSE YOUR LAZY. You should ask yourself what you can do to improve your current position and why your stuck at UPS and that maybe you should plan ahead before you quit UPS like get trained in some skill, like a forklift.