I thought they junked all the old trucks?

COSMOS

ups_trashed_truck.jpg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There is a junkyard near here that has about 15 old 500's in it and none of them are whitewashed.

like back in the old days when a truck had to be towed, they would cover up the logos so nobody would know it was a ups truck....??? They dont do this anymore, maybe they dont whitewash either...times a changin'. Hey, maybe ups will start selling our old trucks to people who want to convert them into expresso cars, or moving trucks...let them deal with the non-powered steering hunks o' crap.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That picture of the UPS truck vs the FedEx truck is classic. Do you know where it occurred and where did you get the image? Good stuff. We used to sell our junkers, but somebody sued FedEx over a defect, so now they all go to the crusher to avoid any chance of liability. Before they get towed away, they paint-out the logos with black.

brett636

I've seen them junk a few trucks in my building, and they always spray paint the logos black first. Then strip the truck of anything that can be reused before its sent off to wherever it goes. I dunno if they are crushed or are sent to rot away in some junk yard.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We just had about a dozen whitewashed trucks outside our building on Friday. We handle alot of the other trucks for our district though s they coulldn't have been all of ours.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I tried to get the divison to sponsor an ADA package car for a united way fundraiser- Pay a dollar, get to swing a sledge hammer on one of buster brown's best. Hell, I would pony up 10-15 dollars to work off my anger........

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I sure would like to read the accident report on that FDX and UPS truck and I mean both sides ( they probably blamed the other for the wreck!)

Lou Dog OG

#1 Utility
We had 2 whitewashed at one time a few months ago. 2 drivers flipped their cars within 2 weeks of each other. I just missed the first one by a few minutes. Shocking.. then I saw which driver it was and LMAO!