I tried...

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
I came up from the preload and I always go in earlier just to check on them. (Former CHSP Co Chair). Most only care about the raise but if you have an established relationship with them...they tend to listen and ask questions about the contract. I give facts and if they ask...I tell them how I am voting (No) but they need to read it for themselves and form their own opinion of this contract.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I too have talked a little to the new ones, they are in the dark and many believe that the contract is already passed. I never suggest how they should vote, most are sincere about their questions and remarks. I try to go back in time and remember how I was as a new hire and give them the grace needed. They really are looking at that 2 dollar hourly rate and nothing else besides their "retro" checks. How they vote..Who knows..I am speculating that most will not bother and for those who do it might go 50/50. Unfortunately they might be able to affect this contract vote, even if they decide not to vote. In the perfect world my 41 year seniority vote should not be cancelled out by a 3 month part time new hire, maybe in the future it would written in the bylaws that a full time vote would count as 2 and a part time one as 1.

Inthegame

I too have talked a little to the new ones, they are in the dark and many believe that the contract is already passed. I never suggest how they should vote, most are sincere about their questions and remarks. I try to go back in time and remember how I was as a new hire and give them the grace needed. They really are looking at that 2 dollar hourly rate and nothing else besides their "retro" checks. How they vote..Who knows..I am speculating that most will not bother and for those who do it might go 50/50. Unfortunately they might be able to affect this contract vote, even if they decide not to vote. In the perfect world my 41 year seniority vote should not be cancelled out by a 3 month part time new hire, maybe in the future it would written in the bylaws that a full time vote would count as 2 and a part time one as 1.
That's a perfect world? By extension, would you then favor 2-1 value on senior citizens vs 18-25 year old's in civil elections?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
With the consideration that I am a Senior any advantage that might affect my Social Security, Pension or Health and Welfare benefits would be a plus.

No perfect world out there..Anyway by the end of next month we should get some answers.