If you had one day.....

moreluck

golden ticket member
The front cover of this Sunday's Parade magazine posed an interesting question and I thought I would ask it here....

If you had one day to spend with someone who's gone.....
Who would it be?
What would you do?

keith lestrange

The front cover of this Sunday's Parade magazine posed an interesting question and I thought I would ask it here....

If you had one day to spend with someone who's gone.....
Who would it be?
What would you do?
i would spend it with my dad
he died when i was 10 i nvr really knew him
miss him alot

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I'd also spend it talking with my dad. He died in 1994 and I still think of him every single day.

over9five

Staff member
I would spend it with Jesus.
Not in our time, but back when he walked the Earth.
I would help pass out bread and fish on the mountain.

satellitedriver

My Dad also. He died in 1995 at the age of 85. I can still hear his voice and feel his stength. Best person I have ever known. When I feel weak I can feel his hand on my shoulder. I am truly sorry that some of you did not get to have your father through your life.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would spend it with my Mom, and I would LISTEN, as I never did when she was here.
Or I would spend it with my Dad, and I would LISTEN, if I had there would be so much I could have learned.
Or I would spend it with my Sister, and I would LISTEN, as I could have learned alot about Music, and God.
Or I would spend it with my brother, and LISTEN, as I could have learned first hand about what it was like to be in Vietnam, and what it was actually like to live through it.

Tough choice, and I seem to have a pattern, I didn't listen much. I try to listen better now that Im older. So if you still have these people, LEARN TO LISTEN.

solitarysiren

Happiness in Slavery...
man, i'm not sure if i would spend it with my mom or my dad....it would be great to know what my mom would tell me about life, but she died when i was five and i never got a good chance to get to know her. i won't say i don't miss her everyday, but in a way, i'm used to not having her. my dad died almost four years ago, three days after my 21st birthday and since i grew up with him, his absence is amazingly noticeable. I had no clue it would be so difficult. I figured, since i had lost my mom already, it wouldn't be a big deal when my dad died (i don't mean it in a callous way), but it completely destroyed me then. What I wouldn't give to just hug him again.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
man, i'm not sure if i would spend it with my mom or my dad....it would be great to know what my mom would tell me about life, but she died when i was five and i never got a good chance to get to know her. i won't say i don't miss her everyday, but in a way, i'm used to not having her. my dad died almost four years ago, three days after my 21st birthday and since i grew up with him, his absence is amazingly noticeable. I had no clue it would be so difficult. I figured, since i had lost my mom already, it wouldn't be a big deal when my dad died (i don't mean it in a callous way), but it completely destroyed me then. What I wouldn't give to just hug him again.

Its much harder when you see them every day, or spent major parts of your life with them, especially since he was basically your only parent. Sounds tough, I still go to call mine, and then I say Damn, I cant believe hes gone.

DS

Fenderbender
you guys are killin me here...I`d most like
to see my sister again.she died from a botched bypass operation.She was 42 at the time I was 31.
Unfortunately I inherited her 20yr old son.
Hello Linda wherever you are....

browniehound

This thread has really put some perspective on my thoughts about death. I am fortunate enough as I write this to still have both parents. But what I learned from this thread is that, given the chance, everyone would love to spend another day with their parent. Well, my parents are still alive, so tomorrow I'm going to visit them with the thought that this may be the last time I see them. I think we all take life for granted at some point or at some capacity. So tomorrow, I'm going to spend a day with my mom with the thought that she isn't always going to be there. Thank you for starting this thread:)