If You're a Teamster, WHY Would You Vote Republican?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So you are not a Teamster from local 688?

This is an intentional deception?
image.gif

8000Shelf

What do republican want? Right to work? Why shouldn't an employee have a right to choose?

FedEx could unionize if you all would grow a collective set and quit crying on the Internet about it.

Yes every employee should have the right to choose to be in a union. I agree with that much. However if you choose not to be, you should have to negotiate your own pay, benefits, vacation, raises, pensions, job security, etc. But in "right to work" states (what a joke that title is) it's the opposite. The union still has to represent you but you don't have to pay dues LOL!!!. Gee, I wonder if it's a master plan to bankrupt the unions?!
You better hope not or a hard working pkg delivery man like yourself will have to face the music and realize the only reason you have anything is your union. But I'm sure the company will pay YOU the same because you "work hard". Get real my teamster brother.

newfie

It always amazes me how many Teamsters are Republicans. It is GOP 101 that unions are bad, and that they are administered and run by thugs and the Mafia. This is a basic tenet of their platform, although they hate public sector unions even more than private sector unions.

Trump hasn't really said anything about unions, but one has to assume that he is anti-union, because he is a Republican. That's basic logic, and for The Donald to come out as pro-union would be the death of his candidacy.

Compared to us over here at FedEx, you enjoy a real retirement plan, almost double our compensation, and a slew of worker protections (like Weingarten Rights) that we can only dream of.

Please explain how you can be a Teamster, and also be pro-Trump, which basically means voting against your own self interests.

trump is talking protectionism and fair trade something the teamsters have always asked for. the question therefore would be why isn't the teamsters union supporting someone that will actually give them what they have been asking for.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You don't understand what a 1%er is. I'm not even 35 and I'm damn close to the top 1%.

You're thinking of the top .01%
Are you retarded? What I said was that Baba was not aware of what a 1% is, and neither are you apparently. State your net worth (you are anonymous), and I guarantee you aren't even close.
We are between 3% and 2% at around 300k a year.
Well then that puts my wife and I in the 1% then.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It always amazes me how many Teamsters are Republicans. It is GOP 101 that unions are bad, and that they are administered and run by thugs and the Mafia. This is a basic tenet of their platform, although they hate public sector unions even more than private sector unions.

Trump hasn't really said anything about unions, but one has to assume that he is anti-union, because he is a Republican. That's basic logic, and for The Donald to come out as pro-union would be the death of his candidacy.

Compared to us over here at FedEx, you enjoy a real retirement plan, almost double our compensation, and a slew of worker protections (like Weingarten Rights) that we can only dream of.

Please explain how you can be a Teamster, and also be pro-Trump, which basically means voting against your own self interests.
sometimes you have to forego your own best interest and vote what is best for the country. i said "sometimes" . in this election neither candidate will get my vote. it's a real shame what this country has become. is this the best that America has to offer? the best and the brightest are just too damn smart to run for president.

i do agree that whichever party is elected president , then the other party has to control the house. otherwise we are for double the trouble.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
sometimes you have to forego your own best interest and vote what is best for the country. i said "sometimes" . in this election neither candidate will get my vote. it's a real shame what this country has become. is this the best that America has to offer? the best and the brightest are just too damn smart to run for president.

i do agree that whichever party is elected president , then the other party has to control the house. otherwise we are for double the trouble.
You really aren't very intelligent are you????

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes every employee should have the right to choose to be in a union. I agree with that much. However if you choose not to be, you should have to negotiate your own pay, benefits, vacation, raises, pensions, job security, etc. But in "right to work" states (what a joke that title is) it's the opposite. The union still has to represent you but you don't have to pay dues LOL!!!. Gee, I wonder if it's a master plan to bankrupt the unions?!
You better hope not or a hard working pkg delivery man like yourself will have to face the music and realize the only reason you have anything is your union. But I'm sure the company will pay YOU the same because you "work hard". Get real my teamster brother.
I've said on this website probably 100 times I agree with the idea of right to work. I do not agree with how the law is written.

I have no problem with them getting the pay and benefits. I don't get my pay and benefits because I personally fought so hard for them. Others before me did. They should however be hung out to dry when it comes to discipline.