I'm Back..for a Week

rngri4

Hey all, just wanted to drop in and say hi! I just got back from Iraq last night, and am back for about a week. I hope everyone is doing good here, and I am sure that UPS hasn't changed all that much in the time I have been away. Things have been very crazy for us soldiers here recently, and I am very lucky to have been given this week of home time. We are all fighting very hard right now for freedom, and I have seen a lot of things these past number of months that have made me very thankful for our short time we have to spend on earth. Well, off to bed, enjoy the day off everyone, and please thank a veteran tomorrow, it is one of their days of appreciation, and even though we don't do our jobs for recognition or pay, believe me, just someone telling us thank you, will bring a tear sometimes to a hardened soldiers eye.

daytonupsfreightguy

freight relocation guru
Thank you from all of my small community,and myself. Spread the thanks around when you return,there are MORE people behind you guys than forces from the darkside would like us to believe,keep yer powder dry.............

ups_vette

150,000 Americans serving in Iraq and only you get to come home for "about a week"? How does that work? My nephew is serving in Iraq and I know his parents would love for him to come home for "about a week". What are you, a super 10 star General or something that you can go as you want? Perhaps someone on this board could explain to me how one goes about picking and choosing when they decide to go to Iraq and how long they stay?

705red

Browncafe Steward
150,000 Americans serving in Iraq and only you get to come home for "about a week"? How does that work? My nephew is serving in Iraq and I know his parents would love for him to come home for "about a week". What are you, a super 10 star General or something that you can go as you want? Perhaps someone on this board could explain to me how one goes about picking and choosing when they decide to go to Iraq and how long they stay?
Now your out of line! What business of yours is it that hes home for a week? How do you know hes the only one? Maybe his hole unit was given a wekk, its not unheard of! This person is over their risking his/her life and your going to jump on them on MEMORIAL day! Ups has brain washed you into a total waste of life!!

To all of our soldiers, living and passed away and to all that are celebrating their memories have a great memorial day!( except you vette)

upsgrunt

I agree-totally uncalled for and unacceptable. Have you or would you do the job is currently doing? If not I think he deserves an apology. He follows orders and does not deserve you undermining him.

trickpony1

congratulations Vette.....you've reached a new low.

upsdude

Vette,

It happens often, I have a neighbor that came home for 2 weeks a month ago.

I read a story online a month ago about a “Dad” returning home for 2 weeks leave. “Mom” went to their children’s school to arrange for their work to be sent home. The plan was for the kids to have plenty of time with dad. The school principal denied her request. The school was in somewhere in Arizona. Nice guy huh?

rngri4, thanks for your service!

vette, tell your nephew I said thanks as well.

av8torntn

If you are going to be there for longer than two months you can come home for 15 days or go to Germany for 14 days this does not count travel time or any kind of emergency leave.

av8torntn

correction to my post you have to be there longer than nine months and you can schedule your leave after two months

sorry about that

local804

Let me guess.....
UPS Vette is a supervisor?
Btw...I do remember him going into the service, and it was a really long time ago. There were the usual fools that didnt believe him, but oh well.
Welcome back for the week! Enjoy YOUR weekend!

rapidrandall

slow but sure

Last plane trip I took in January, I sat across the aisle from two soldiers going back to Iraq who had been home for a week. Thanks servicemen and women for fighting for the freedoms I enjoy.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist

Hey Vette make sure when your nephew comes home, you ask him what the hell is he doing? and ask him to to go back to Iraq!
And see what kiind of response you get!!!!!!!:mad:
IMHO you should be ashamed of yourself for being so self-centered!!!

raceanoncr

Absolutely incredible! Welcome to America, vette. I guess you're free to speak your mind but in this case, we wish you wouldn't have.