Im trying to get hired by UPS

I dont know how I came across the application process but I manages to fill out info for a full time driver and a drivers helper. Once I completed the questions I was directed to select the "schedule" tab. I did that and I was told that there were no curent interview times. So.... what do I do now? Wait? How long? I am currently in the position in my life to accept full time employment with UPS, preferably a driver.

Does anyone have any tips on getting the interview? :happy-very:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Welcome to bc anna. UPS almost never hires FT as a starting position and unfortunately the word most of us have heard is likely noseasonal FT this year. We still have a lot of current FT drivers laid off. Most of us start as PT or seasonal. Good luck on your search.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Hi anna_kristin2002,

Welcome to the BrownCafe!!

Talk with someone in Human Resources and good luck in your quest to find employment at UPS!:wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I dont know how I came across the application process but I manages to fill out info for a full time driver and a drivers helper. Once I completed the questions I was directed to select the "schedule" tab. I did that and I was told that there were no curent interview times. So.... what do I do now? Wait? How long? I am currently in the position in my life to accept full time employment with UPS, preferably a driver.

That means that position is not available. You can try back again at a later date, but it's doubtful until the economy comes back.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Anna,
I have limited experience in the Ground Operation as I am in the Airline, but my advice is connect with an HR person and to follow-up with them to the point wher you are almost being a pain. If you really want a career at UPS...Simply Say So!!
If you are lucky enough to get a seasonal position; do the best you can, don't be a suck-up (no offense-just being real), do not engage in politics (keep your head down and do the best job you can); contact the HR person and tell them how satisfied you are with the job (assuming you are); and thank everyone for the opportunity once the season is over.

The point?
  • You're energetic & enthused
  • You're a team player (no BS or dragging your butt because others are)
  • You appreciate the opportunity (it's all about relationships)
  • You're a good worker
I actually brought a person up from a Non-Union Hourly to a Center Manager in 6 years. She was/is THAT good. So, it's possible.

As I said, I'm not in Ground Ops, but I have interviewed/Hired/promoted/demoted/suspended/terminated many employees. Do a good job and things will work out; just remember:

YOU control your future. Be strategic and smart!!

Best of luck. If you get a job, let us know

Kind Regards,
DOL:happy2: