In the begining, Brown Cafe

jetset

pitch and toss
After reading the post on house rules it set me wondering,
in the UK we have a union led site, somewhat biased in its views
the Brown Cafe seems to have input from all levels and all areas
Views are therefore much varied and bring much discusion.
(although many threads are much more relevent to the US).
How did it all start?
What was the first post?
What was the original purpose of the site?
I myself look forward to drumming up UK input.
Can't wait to be able to start a football thread?:happy2:

jetset

pitch and toss
In the UK we have Football and American Football,which is like Rugby but with padding (or so i'm told)
Soccer never heard of it!:laughing:

CBUK

Any Seattle Sounders fans out there? I have my reasons for asking. They are getting into the MLS next season.

How is David Beckham getting on?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How is David Beckham getting on?

Soccer, unfortunately, ranks just below watching paint dry here in the States, which is a shame because soccer players are among the best athletes in the world and soccer is as pure a team sport as there is. Beckham should be glad that he is not getting paid for each goal or, for that matter, minutes played, as he would have to apply for welfare to make up the difference to satisfy his lifestyle. As for Posh, I don't think she has met a camera that she didn't like, but she could lose the "I am so much better than anyone else" look that she seems to have painted on her face.

jetset

pitch and toss
Many many years ago when David and Victoria were not yet an item,Idid a delivery to a hotel in Manchester, screaming girls and press every where.
Walking to reception saw a girl I knew, threw her the alright hows it going as I continued with delivery. yeah you guessed it, it was Victoria Beckham or Posh spice as she was known then. come outside still none the wiser and me vans blocked in by more press.lost thirty minutes at that delivery.
Way back then she didn't like the cameras that much.
Never liked her since
as for him , he just played for the wrong side of town.
Never liked him.

CBUK

The other side of town. Does that make you a Droylsden fan then Jetset? I cant think of any other teams worth supporting in Manchester.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
American Football,which is like Rugby but with padding (or so i'm told)

American football also has rules, and last time I saw a Rugby matchup, it seemed like there were none. And yes, they have padding. And a helmet to protect their teeth!:wink2:

d