Inflation: My experience at the grocery store, gas station etc.

oldngray

nowhere special
Oh no---My origional DD 214 is right along side of me in a filing cabinet--along with about 10 copies.
I was wondering where mine was a couple of days ago and searched until I found it. I don't know why I forgot where I put it. It hasn't even been 40 years since I last saw it.

rod

Retired 22 years
I was wondering where mine was a couple of days ago and searched until I found it. I don't know why I forgot where I put it. It hasn't even been 40 years since I last saw it.
I have only had to use mine once in many years. I had to show it a couple of years ago to reserve a spot for me at the local VA Cemetery. I have a Disabled Veteran photo ID I carry with now that I show when needed. I used it yesterday to pick up my year long FREE admission pass to all Minnesota State Parks.

rickyb

Blue Bell half gallon: $10 each. Cantaloupes $4 each! on and on. Not per pound.....

What is weird: The store was crowded(people) and just brimming with product. No problem finding stuff.

Gas station: The pumps shut off because the totals are too high! In other words......Nobody ever counted on gas being so high!

$120 to fill up an F150....

Anybody been to COSTCO lately....: CHK OUT Clerk: "That comes to $400+....." "WHAAATTT?"
a condo 1 br is 300,000 more than it was 10 years ago

wages not up

Gotta Go

CD4C53AA-1BEF-4B6B-A324-E01216FAA549.jpeg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Since my town has no rules concerning AirB&Bs, the housing prices are constantly rising.
People are buying houses to just rent them out year round.
For what they are charging for a week long rental would cover the mortgage payment for that month.
Everything else is pure profit.