Info on seniority date needed

bitter to the bone

I spoke to my union rep the other day about how seniority is determined.i was told whoever has been in a department the longest holds department seniority and for all other issues etc, the date of hire is your seniority date.

Is there a section in the master contract or Ohio Rider stating this? I have a supervisor that I am trying to prove to that I have seniority over another employee. Supe doesn't believe me. Need to have something to prove that I am right because the supervisor is making me leave my work atea when there is still work to be done and letting another employee with less seniority stay

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I spoke to my union rep the other day about how seniority is determined.i was told whoever has been in a department the longest holds department seniority and for all other issues etc, the date of hire is your seniority date.

Is there a section in the master contract or Ohio Rider stating this? I have a supervisor that I am trying to prove to that I have seniority over another employee. Supe doesn't believe me. Need to have something to prove that I am right because the supervisor is making me leave my work atea when there is still work to be done and letting another employee with less seniority stay
file a gruvence that usually works

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Your SEASONAL

542thruNthru

I believe what you're referring to is classification seniority. I am not in Ohio but there are some here who are.

We have classification seniority here. If you work preload or reload unless you're doing a preferred job it goes by company seniority because you're all classified the same.

What job are you doing? I'm assuming he has more company seniority then you and you're trying to say you've been in the area longer so you have seniority over him.

542thruNthru

Did your BA say you have more seniority? If so file and the sup will start to honor your seniority.

bitter to the bone

I believe what you're referring to is classification seniority. I am not in Ohio but there are some here who are.

We have classification seniority here. If you work preload or reload unless you're doing a preferred job it goes by company seniority because you're all classified the same.

What job are you doing? I'm assuming he has more company seniority then you and you're trying to say you've been in the area longer so you have seniority over him.

I have company seniority and department seniority. I work in the FDC

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

File on it. They’ll figure it out real quick.

bitter to the bone

My hire date is 11/1999. The other employee was hired in 6/2000

542thruNthru

You rather have a pocket ass to go with your gummy D*

giphy-37.gif