Innoplex Closing in Atlanta

P

pickup

Hoax is that you talking on the video and is that Sinnoplex in the background? (yes that is a upsfreight truck at 00:7)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That's not to bad. Going south would SUK IMO if you know what I mean!
:happy-very:

LOL, I know what you mean.............From where Hoax lives, he will have a longer commute in what has to be the worst traffic around. I don't miss that area one bit.

wkmac

LOL, I know what you mean.............From where Hoax lives, he will have a longer commute in what has to be the worst traffic around. I don't miss that area one bit.

Scratch,

I was speaking more about the work environment "down the road" than the traffic but the traffic's a good point too.
:wink2:

Hoax's been living the good life where he's been so it'll be interesting to hear comparisons with where he's going. If he speaks good of it, I know he's lying and if he's silent on the subject, the new place just sucks!

Damn, did I rig that deal or what!
:happy-very:

Seriously, it's ashame the Innoplex just never was able to live up to what some thought it would become. Would have been a really big for UPS if it had. Best of luck to Hoax in his new digs but now I won't be able to throw rocks at his window!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Scratch,

I was speaking more about the work environment "down the road" than the traffic but the traffic's a good point too.

Ha, I knew exactly what you meant and where "down the road" is. My mom used to live off Windward Pkwy and I have some knowledge of the area. I originally thought the building behind the Porsche dealership was Roswell Center, but now I know it is the Innoplex. It looks like a cool building from the road.

BCFan

Ha, I knew exactly what you meant and where "down the road" is. My mom used to live off Windward Pkwy and I have some knowledge of the area. I originally thought the building behind the Porsche dealership was Roswell Center, but now I know it is the Innoplex. It looks like a cool building from the road.
well ill be been to roswell many times campaigning did not know that VOTE POPE bc

wkmac

well ill be been to roswell many times campaigning did not know that VOTE POPE bc

say-what-dog.jpg

WT........!
say-what-dog.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Officially closed ... My group moved out Friday. UPS is officially back to cinder blocks or cube city again. A brief foray into the not so common is over. Neat looking place but too expensive to keep up. The cutback in people at Corporate dictated the closing of a building and closing the Innoplex was the right choice.

wkmac

Officially closed ... My group moved out Friday. UPS is officially back to cinder blocks or cube city again. A brief foray into the not so common is over. Neat looking place but too expensive to keep up. The cutback in people at Corporate dictated the closing of a building and closing the Innoplex was the right choice.

Hoax,

You may or may not be able to answer this but I'm going to throw it out anyway. And even if you can't answer it, throw out an opinion since you were there and saw it up close. I only threw rocks at it to hit your window! :happy-very:

Instead of closing the Innoplex, why not move in say for example the ATC group over in Doraville? I've never been inside that building (Innoplex) but from what I heard people describe, it does have the room and I have been inside the ATC building (connections :wink2:) and just sounds to me like it would fit. Do we own the Morris Rd. building? Rented building verses an owned building? I know the 3 gents we spoke of recently would love to just cross the creek instead of cross the town so to speak.

Again don't know any of these answers but I did always wonder about these multiple buildings around and rent verses owning was one that came to mind. Mostly thinking out loud here!

Hope the move works for your benefit.

I was going to suggest a good BBQ place not far from your new location but was by there just recently and it was closed so never mind. And they had good blues music sometimes too.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax,

You may or may not be able to answer this but I'm going to throw it out anyway. And even if you can't answer it, throw out an opinion since you were there and saw it up close. I only threw rocks at it to hit your window! :happy-very:

Instead of closing the Innoplex, why not move in say for example the ATC group over in Doraville? I've never been inside that building (Innoplex) but from what I heard people describe, it does have the room and I have been inside the ATC building (connections :wink2:) and just sounds to me like it would fit. Do we own the Morris Rd. building? Rented building verses an owned building? I know the 3 gents we spoke of recently would love to just cross the creek instead of cross the town so to speak.

Again don't know any of these answers but I did always wonder about these multiple buildings around and rent verses owning was one that came to mind. Mostly thinking out loud here!

Hope the move works for your benefit.

I was going to suggest a good BBQ place not far from your new location but was by there just recently and it was closed so never mind. And they had good blues music sometimes too.

The Innoplex is an expensive building to maintain and operate. I am not familiar with the ATC entity. Morris Rd and Innoplex are owned by UPS.

BBQ place - yep I saw that too. Best Beef ribs in Atlanta area. Hated to see that.

Below is an image I took Friday morning of the sign out in front of the Innoplex.
Innoplex Sign_3243_web.jpg

wkmac

Nice pic. The ATC is the Advance Technology Center that is a PE function that oversees and tests automated systems and support. Not sure how long they were in the location they are at but it was 10 years or so ago that I got to go over for a visit and the dime tour and they've been there ever since.

We've been to the BBQ place several times, a couple of times to hear our daughter play and several times to hear others. Kinda sad and surprised to see it gone as any venue that provides live music, we try and support where we can regardless of genre.

Be cool!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Innoplex was sold recently:

Note that GM will receive $3.5 M tax credits for creating the 1000 jobs.

GM pays $18.5 million for Roswell technology center
Date: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 5:48pm EST

GM pays $18.5 million for Roswell technology center - Atlanta Business Chronicle

General Motors Co. paid $18.5 million for a Roswell building that will become GM’s new technology center, employing at least 1,000 workers, according to Fulton County records.
GM bought the almost 230,000-square-foot building at Mansell and Warsaw roads that United Parcel Service Inc. once used as the centerpiece of a 25-acre campus designed for information technology, marketing and communications workers.
UPS, which later moved its world headquarters to Sandy Springs, aimed to sell the building at 2010 Warsaw Road for about $21 million, according to people familiar with the process.
Now, GM will convert the building into a software development center, one of several planned in the United States.
Last October, Atlanta Business Chronicle reported GM had zeroed in on Atlanta.
More recently, GM focused on two north Fulton buildings along Georgia 400, where it would put the technology center. The other was Cobalt Center in Alpharetta, formerly used by AT&T Inc.

The UPS building had the edge because of its campus setting and its location in an opportunity zone, or areas local governments have designated for economic redevelopment incentives because they have a poverty rate of 15 percent or higher. By putting the software development center inside an opportunity zone, GM is eligible for an annual income tax credit of $3,500 for each job it creates.

Last year, GM said it planned to hire 10,000 computer workers at four new technology innovation centers across the United States.