Investors accuse FedEx of lying

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Agreed, but Trump's trade idiocy hasn't helped. Before Dear Leader Fred departs for his mansion in Hell, I'd like to see him feel some of the pain he's inflicted on employees over the years.

Breaking up FDX or having Express be taken over would be a nice start.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Agreed, but Trump's trade idiocy hasn't helped. Before Dear Leader Fred departs for his mansion in Hell, I'd like to see him feel some of the pain he's inflicted on employees over the years.

Breaking up FDX or having Express be taken over would be a nice start.
I'll drink to that!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Let me try again. How do you explain away a stock that over the past year has had it's price cut nearly in half at a time when we've supposedly have seen record economic expansion with all the major indexes testing new highs?

An economic expansion does not equal a rise for all stocks. As a millionaire Cramer fan, you should know that.

bacha29

An economic expansion does not equal a rise for all stocks. As a millionaire Cramer fan, you should know that.
But one that is in the center of global trade where much of the growth has occurred in recent years how do you explain away the fact that the world's second largest carrier has seen it's stock cut nearly in half in recent months?

59 Dano

But one that is in the center of global trade where much of the growth has occurred in recent years how do you explain away the fact that the world's second largest carrier has seen it's stock cut nearly in half in recent months?

Why don't you ask someone in the stock explaining away business? Is your new thing thinking up random questions to ask me?

bacha29

Why don't you ask someone in the stock explaining away business? Is your new thing thinking up random questions to ask me?
Given that you have always gone to great extremes in your efforts to make us believe that you know everything there is when it comes to the company you work for and the market it serves, it's only reasonable and customary for I and others to ask you legitimate questions about the company including it's weak stock performance.

bbsam

Staff member
Let me try again. How do you explain away a stock that over the past year has had it's price cut nearly in half at a time when we've supposedly have seen record economic expansion with all the major indexes testing new highs?
A fair explanation would be that just like the stock market is not the economy, a company’s stock is not the company.

59 Dano

Given that you have always gone to great extremes in your efforts to make us believe that you know everything there is when it comes to the company you work for and the market it serves, it's only reasonable and customary for I and others to ask you legitimate questions about the company including it's weak stock performance.

As Sam said, the company's stock is not the company and good lord I'd never dare pretend I know everything about the company. There are things that I know and I talk about them. If I don't know anything about something I leave it for someone else at the risk of sounding like you and ignorantly babbling out of my rear end.

59 Dano

that's ridiculous. A blue chip company's stock value is a good measure of the company itself

A first year finance student knows that isn't true. Good companies aren't a guarantee of good stocks and good stocks aren't guarantees of good companies.

bacha29

As Sam said, the company's stock is not the company and good lord I'd never dare pretend I know everything about the company. There are things that I know and I talk about them. If I don't know anything about something I leave it for someone else at the risk of sounding like you and ignorantly babbling out of my rear end.
It is indeed unfortunate that senior company executives can't talk out of their rear ends because you always have your head up it.

XEQaF

A first year finance student knows that isn't true. Good companies aren't a guarantee of good stocks and good stocks aren't guarantees of good companies.

a second year finance student knows that company's stock is driven by investor confidence either good or bad true facts or false. Smart investors look for strong fundamentals, and solid financials which factor into the value of the stock that people are willing to buy or not. FDX not trading favorably because of the aforementioned factors listed.

59 Dano

a second year finance student knows that company's stock is driven by investor confidence either good or bad true facts or false. Smart investors look for strong fundamentals, and solid financials which factor into the value of the stock that people are willing to buy or not. FDX not trading favorably because of the aforementioned factors listed.

Today's market has as much information available to the lay investor as there is to anyone else. People choose investments less and less because of what the information shows (because the advantage that comes with having that information is all but gone) and more and more because they think that other people will overvalue them. In short, we pick stocks that we think others will like. It spawned the tech bubble and the real estate bubble, and plenty of experts got burned.

bacha29

Today's market has as much information available to the lay investor as there is to anyone else. People choose investments less and less because of what the information shows (because the advantage that comes with having that information is all but gone) and more and more because they think that other people will overvalue them. In short, we pick stocks that we think others will like. It spawned the tech bubble and the real estate bubble, and plenty of experts got burned.
Another investment bank (Bernstein) has joined 4 other banks in downgrading the stock saying quote: " The bull thesis has been shredded", which is a nice way of saying that the manure spreader which discharges those bull thesis which rhymes with feces has broken down out in the middle of the field.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Another investment bank (Bernstein) has joined 4 other banks in downgrading the stock saying quote: " The bull thesis has been shredded", which is a nice way of saying that the manure spreader which discharges those bull thesis which rhymes with feces has broken down out in the middle of the field.
was it you