Is Amazon Air becoming a bigger competitive threat for UPS and FedEx?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Is Amazon Air becoming a bigger competitive threat for UPS and FedEx? - Louisville Business First

And so the competitive threat gets bigger.

Seattle-based Amazon.com Inc. announced Tuesday that it would lease an additional 15 Boeing 737-800 cargo aircraft to add to its cargo fleet. That's in addition to five other 737-800s that it already leases. The new aircraft will fly in the U.S. out of the more than 20 air gateways in the Amazon Air network.

“These new aircraft create additional capacity for Amazon Air, building on the investment in our Prime Free One-Day program,” Dave Clark, senior vice president of worldwide operations at Amazon, said in a news release. “By 2021, Amazon Air will have a portfolio of 70 aircraft flying in our dedicated air network.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
Amazon did a drop at my house twice this week and left the envelope/box outside my courtyard gate leaning against a hedge......exposed to porch pirates and the sprinklers. My front door is where you should leave it. I see Amazon getting a lot of complaints about this habit......damage reports and theft reports.(real or not).
UPS is in the business over 100 years...Amazon thinks they can jump right in there and do it. HaHaHaHa!!!

oldngray

nowhere special
Amazon did a drop at my house twice this week and left the envelope/box outside my courtyard gate leaning against a hedge......exposed to porch pirates and the sprinklers. My front door is where you should leave it. I see Amazon getting a lot of complaints about this habit......damage reports and theft reports.(real or not).
UPS is in the business over 100 years...Amazon thinks they can jump right in there and do it. HaHaHaHa!!!

Amazon is getting away with it now but wait until they start having to pay all those claims.

They might just write it off as a cost of doing business though since it would be kind of an internal charge.