Is it true?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
?

OR are you asking do we get paid extra when they shoot video of the hub in action?

most of UPS's video is shot with actors. Actors that think they missed their real vocation, comedy. They sometimes bring in real employees that are I am sure paid for their time, and have signed a release form.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Nope, sorry. That is only reserved for real UPS people like Drivers.

Even Sups dont have uniforms to wear.

Now if you want some UPS gear to wear, try some of the catalogs that have UPS stuff in them. But you have to buy them, UPS does not give them to you.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

d

UPSgirl

Mommy to be!
No, it's ok lol thanks alot anyway! I was just wondering. i already have been ordering outta the UPS catalog for employers only and got some hats and stuff!

but I filled out an Application for UPS last night online and they are keeping my information for me until I turn 18 then they will give me a call or email me!

ok2bclever

I Re Member
dannyboy said:
real UPS people like Drivers.d

I don't think you meant what you said by that, but that was truly a lame statement danny. :rolleyes:

The drivers are out in the public's sight so UPS has a manifest investment in clothing them specifically for uniformity and appearance standards.

It doesn't matter that the very real UPS people working in the dungeons are not dressed uniformly as long as they are dressed appropriately, so they are on their own within the dress guidelines of the company.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"they are keeping my information for me until I turn 18 then they will give me a call or email me!"

Yeah, they have probably marked their 2007 calendar with the exact date you turn 18. Ahhhh, the "cockeyed optimism" of youth (The check's in the mail, girl.)

senior cynic

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
OK- honey, that was meant to be sarcastic.

Most of the guys and gals that work our preload wear ups logoed shirts, but not on the pm sort. Not sure about why.

Anyway, if you are looking to wear a UPS uniform, ya gotta either be a driver or a drivers helper. And most drivers helpers are just temps and have to give the uniforms back after they get done.

d PS, Better?

Last edited:

ok2bclever

I Re Member
danny,

You confusing who you are responding too?

On meds for the knees? :D:(

Anyway, nope, still not accurate, although about normal for the typical driver.

You know, center of the universe thing.

Full-time clerks have official UPS uniforms.

Full-time porters have official UPS uniforms.

Full-time mechanics have official UPS uniforms.

Full-time maintenance workers have official UPS uniforms.

I'm out of full-time classifications in my building.

Hmmm, I see a pattern here.

over9five

Staff member
I know part- timers in the building get pizza parties every week.

I've heard they get free t-shirts if they find an air on car and get it to the air door on time.

I see them getting water bottles passed to them every night.

Girl, what do the videos say you get?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
If those jobs are full time there, good for you. All of the listed jobs are all part time here, hence no uniforms.

Come to think of it, our automotive did start wearing a new Uniform last month.

d

moreluck

golden ticket member
The title of this thread was "Is This True?" So, my question/statement is:

So, is this true that now I have to go 4 different places to check for the newest posts when I only had to go one place before? All the posts come in chronological order and I could check for new ones quickly. Grumble, grumble, grumble.....

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
moreluck said:
So, is this true that now I have to go 4 different places to check for the newest posts when I only had to go one place before? All the posts come in chronological order and I could check for new ones quickly. Grumble, grumble, grumble.....
If you're checking every category for new posts then you're working way too hard. After you are logged in check the "New Posts" link in the navigation bar. The window only shows posts that have not yet been read.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I really DO try to use the legends, but for instance...

Under the thread entitled "Ethics", it shows wkmac posted last and the legend shows a red envelope with a crooked arrow on it. I got to the botton and there is no legend exactly like what shows at wkmac's post. Confused & befuddled.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Thats OK sweetie (holding your hand as I walk you back to your room at the home) we all have days like that!

Besides, the ethics thread was pretty much wrapped up anyway.

d

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
In the Video

UPSgirl said:
No,I meant like when you work for UPS in the hub you dont get like a uniform or anything?
Yes, but in the video "I" saw, when they introduced the NEW OVER 70 Pkgs, the showed us how to say "hey Joe, can you give me a hand here?" and yes is not usually the response I got.....So I guess you cant believe everything you see on TV.