Is there any difference?

Is there any difference between being classified as a Causal Delivery Driver, or a Seasonal Delivery Driver?
I get the main purpose is for us be to used and abused to the fullest extent until no longer needed. 🤣 I'm curious if there are pros or cons to each title.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I wouldn't be surprised if the new temp HR personnel have gotten together and agreed to create their own titles for positions.

If they haven't...

I hope the Temp HR Mafia is reading this and puts it into action...

No, he didn't make me any promises. He said they will hire a ton of seasonal drivers, and maybe 5 could get the opportunity for the 30 day progressive full time evaluation.
I was furloughed from the railroad after 8 years on Monday, and got offered an interview with UPS on Tuesday for Casual driver. So it might all just work out for keeping me busy.

Whither

Scofflaw
This is good to hear. My Dad retired from UPS about 7 years ago. I know it can be a rewarding job.... As long as you take it in stride. The giant corporation thing sounds very similar to the railroad gig I was recently furloughed from.
Sorry to hear you were furloughed. There are a couple ex-RR guys in my center -- if I remember right both were fired haha -- and, for what it's worth, one of them prefers the Teamsters to his previous union. It sounds like you know not to count on getting a shot at qualifying to be a permanent FT driver, but still I wish you well. Be safe, follow the methods, and do your best.

Sorry to hear you were furloughed. There are a couple ex-RR guys in my center -- if I remember right both were fired haha -- and, for what it's worth, one of them prefers the Teamsters to his previous union. It sounds like you know not to count on getting a shot at qualifying to be a permanent FT driver, but still I wish you well. Be safe, follow the methods, and do your best.
I wouldn't doubt it! I appreciate the well wishes. I'll give it a go!