Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

Is UPS Finally Getting It? Top Exec Offers Some Evidence

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Apr 23, 2019.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

Is UPS Finally Getting It? Top Exec Offers Some Evidence - Streetsblog

Earlier this month, Thomas Madrecki, the director of Urban Innovation and Mobility for UPS, published an op-ed in Coord that called for “safer, less congested and more livable streets.” But the piece was definitely not a stinging rebuke of his own company, whose drivers block bike lanes, park illegally and double-park all over the city. So Streetsblog Editor Gersh Kuntzman reached out to the D.C.-based Madrecki to fill in the yawning gap between his piece and reality. Here is a transcript of that interview, edited only for length and clarity.

2. MarvelousMunata

MarvelousMunata The Scapegoat With Attitude

Ima read this..hold on

3. Fuzzy Brown

Fuzzy Brown Member

They actually pay this guy Madrecki to come up with this cockamamie stuff?
    He should be writing for the Onion.

4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Evidence?

If it doesn't fit you must acquit!

5. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

Unless it's Trump!

6. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

In most cities, paying parking fines is normal business practice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Nonhyphenated American

Double parking is a temporary problem in that the UPS/FEDEX/AMAZON driver is only there to complete a delivery. If they were there for hours, or all day, I could see the point. Concessions should be made for the delivery provider. If that isn't forthcoming, deliveries where legal parking isn't available should be Held for Pickup. A different perspective for the complainant might change their attitude.

8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

[​IMG]