It's time to fight union thuggery

K

kidlogic

You can define yourself what ever you want, but when someone starts threads like you have you are not what you say. Look even Tieguy called you on it.
You are like a person who says they are pro-choice about abortion. Then blows up a clinic. You may think you are pro-choice but your actions show something different.
Someone who is pro-choice about the Union would start threads that would contain how some where pro-choice and Union members work well together and show how it can work. That would make sense.
Showing every negative thing that is wrong with the Union is a bomb thrower not a pro-choicer. I dont care if you want to be either,but dont act like one and want to be known for the other. I understand the concept completely.

S

soupman

I am a P/T morning sup and was given the task of heading up a employee moral commitee. I started out in local sort and moved over to managment, needless to say moral at our facility needs a little boost. There is nothing in place at the moment and I was hoping for some suggestions from those who have employee recgonition programs in place. Thanks!

D

dannyboy

Soupie

You could be like our center. After a month of no injuries and no avoidables, our managment team got us each a Zero candy bar. Ahhhhh went over like a dead dog in the middle of the road. I tried to tell the rest it was the thought that counted. Oh well
confused.gif

d

S

soupman

LOL I bet it did! Don't think I'll go that route. Any other moral booster they do for you? These guys work hard and deserve it.

D

deliver_man

Not to nitpick, soup, but the word you want is "morale", not "moral". They have very different meanings.

U

upsurge

union membership must be compulsury if unions are to be strong enough .union violence is unacceptable yet understandable. what else can they resort to when the courts and laws are stacked in favor of powerfull corporations.The only reason Casey invited the Teamsters into ups was because he was going to get organized anyway and this tactic bought him valuable flexibility from the union.All of us know that contrary to what our policy book says we have no respect for the union and our labor agreements. We will fully violate same whenever it suits us . Also we employ every tactic possible like the abandoned Team concept to weaken the union.If we ever break the union it will be great for my stock ,but with our management style certainly frightening for the workers.

M

my2cents

It doesn't say much for the union movement if it has to be compulsory, which also breeds apathy and inertia. Union membership should be sold on its merits, not foisted on the individual. Additionally, union violence has no place at all in a civil society, regardless of any alleged corporate advantages.