The Teamster Promise

D

dannyboy

What type of game plan would you put in place?

How do you get management to deliver what 4 times your number in drivers have a hard time delivering?

Kinda wishing all people would never die wishful thinking. Sounds good, but putting it into place is another story.

Would you have the customers cross the picket lines to pick up the packages?

d

L

local804

Lets not forget what UPS`s last best and final offer was either guys.It was 15 cents plus a bunch of stuff taken back.Maybe if UPS could of gave a better offer, so many employees would not have been pissed off. Dont forget that 15 cents is NOTHING compared to the 33,000 people that became millionaires due to the UPS IPO.I am sure that we all bust our a$$es off everyday and would like to think we should be awarded for our work.15 cents was an insult!

L

local804

Just as UPS didnt have a plan for the strike neither did the teamsters.$55.00 a week didnt even cover food for a baby.Both sides should have been ashamed of themselves. There were 2 very very stubborn people at the heads of the negotiations, Jim Kelly and Ron Carey.I think if it was Hoffa and Eskew, a deal would have been hammered out and we would have never walked.The two old school leaders should have never had the battle.

T

tieguy

The idea you could have much of a plan for a strike is a little optomistic to say the least.

P

proups

wornoutupser: your profile states that you are in Florida. Were you on the picket line with the driver that stabbed the supervisor?

Oh, and how many votes does it take to elect a new President?

lol.gif

(Message edited by proups on November 08, 2003)

T

tieguy

"Lets not forget what UPS`s last best and final offer was either guys.It was 15 cents plus a bunch of stuff taken back.Maybe if UPS could of gave a better offer, so many employees would not have been pissed off. Dont forget that 15 cents is NOTHING compared to the 33,000 people that became millionaires due to the UPS IPO.I am sure that we all bust our a$$es off everyday and would like to think we should be awarded for our work.15 cents was an insult!"

LOL , man did 804 feed you a bunch of Bull.

15 cents is an out and out lie and if your local leadership tried to tell you that then you need to vote them out of office.

The actual offer was a combination of .50 increases for 3 years and profit sharing bonuses for 2 years. Your union does not like bonuses they like the pay increase because its a permanent increase. 15 cents was never ever a part of the offer.

W

wornoutupser

proups,
I am not certain about a stabbing but I know that the Lakeland building had a driver jump a supervisor during the strike.

T

tieguy

looks like strikers jumped a driver here. What happened with the lawsuit?

(Message edited by tieguy on November 15, 2003)

M

my2cents

The RICO suit was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum. As part of the settlement agreement, the treble damage amount cannot be revealed to the public. Additionally, in the criminal phase, the back-stabber served a year in prison, as the five others involved copped plea bargains in exchange for probation.