Job Shadowing

upschuck

Not going to happen at 15 yrs old. UPS does not want the liability of another person(non employee) on car. In hub is possibility, but I highly doubt that as well. You are there to work, and not to show off your kids.

barnyard

KTM rider
We had a guy bring his daughter for the preload. She had to sit in the office and watch through the window. Looked like a sucky deal to me.

JackStraw

My kids met me on the route about 10 years ago. Had lunch, drove em' around the block for a few. They were thrilled. Would not recommend anybody doing that today though.

thessalonian13

Anyone ever take their son/daughter with them for the day as part of their school project?
Have your wife meet you on your route and follow you with your son in her car and have your son follow you to your deliveries. Do this for an hour or 2 on busiest commercial deliveries and your customers can meet your son. They will love it.

T

Turdferguson

My kids met me on the route about 10 years ago. Had lunch, drove em' around the block for a few. They were thrilled. Would not recommend anybody doing that today though
Back when I was a part-time air / Saturday driver I gave my Dad a ride in my package car. He was like a kid in a candy store ,and thought it was the coolest thing ever that he got to ride in a UPS package car. Like you I would not recommend doing that now, but the grin he had on his face is a priceless memory I will not ever forget.

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to take my wife along in the UPS truck when I drove nights to Fargo, ND-----but it wasn't for educational purposes.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Just wanted to check before i asked if it was allowed. Be nice for my 15 yr old to see a day in the life....

UPS won't allow it, he's too young but if you really want to have him see a day in the life, take everything out of his room and jam it into a hall closet. Tell him he has 13 seconds to get his school books but he cant run. Do this at 745am if school starts at 800...if he doesn't get to school in time, ground him for being late even though it was someone else at fault. When he gets home from school, make sure you send him back to school to do another kid's homework.

The next day, show him some paperwork of all his screw-ups the previous day and tell him what a horrible son he is and how his actions are making you and his mother look bad and that you expect him to improve or else there will be further discipline up to and including being walked out of the house. Last but not least, make sure you repeat this routine at least every few months but preferably monthly.

:rofl: