Just 9.5, no BS

undies

I have over 4 years full time driving, no route to speak of yet. My seniority is still crap and never win any of the bid routes. I end up hopping around between 2-5 routes in one week. Will I be able to file and expect to be granted 9.5 days even if I'm on different routes all week?

The new language looks good, just not sure about the new part. If I can still get 9.5, I'd be slightly happier about this contract.

undies

Well woo-hoo! I don't know how the dispatch will be able to change a route on the fly when a driver decides to call in and his route is on a non 9.5 day while I'm on a 9.5 day. Grievance money may actually make up for the ****ty health care I'll have to switch to.

upsman5050

They have not let any driver at our center get more than two 9.5 days in a week since January. All drivers have fallen off the 9.5 list. Now cover drivers will not be protected even with the new language because seniority drivers will be kept off the 9.5 list. Less overtime for seniority drivers and the cover drivers get the shaft for another 5 years.

stink219

Wrong! Read the TA. Reread! Read it again. Get on the list! File a friend'n grievance. Repeat last process. It works.

scoutlover

I'm in the exact same boat as undies and it seems great on paper for us that it benefits. I just hope it makes a difference. Here, I've had 9.5 grievances pending for a year, and in the interim I've been worked like a dog and I just kept filing when I could. I just won a few a couple weeks ago and they are still sending me out with 12 hours worth of work because no one's been on vacation the last several weeks. I'll be watching this closely.