just curious...

705red

Browncafe Steward
Yes they are the same day delivery company for ups if im correct. I use to see alot of them when i worked at the airport.

brazenbrown

Sonic Air has been around for a while. I'm really surprised to hear you don't know more about it as it has been a service UPS has offered for many years.

Same Day Service!!:thumbup1:

solitarysiren

Happiness in Slavery...
Sonic Air has been around for a while. I'm really surprised to hear you don't know more about it as it has been a service UPS has offered for many years.

Same Day Service!!:thumbup1:

I know exactly what it is. I've just never seen one myself and wondered how frequently this service was used. I guess it makes sense that we don't see it in hubs. I should've thought of the delivery from the airport before. oh well.

solitarysiren

Happiness in Slavery...
I wonder how expensive that service is. I 've personally never seen it but I can only imagine...

yeah, it's really expensive. dude, that avitar.....it's gross! sorry, had to mention that. i did a theoretical sonic air shipment online of an envelope from reno to los angeles and i think it came out to about $216 or something. what could you possibly need delivered today? besides organs...hmmmm.........

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
I've delivered a Sonic Air package, which I thought was odd. Was a few years ago, and for some reason we had it. Had sonic air labels on it, but then had one of our labels on it as well. Think because it came in, in time for us to deliver, was put on my truck (came in from airport to us). Only seen it that one time though.

Oh, and onto why? Well, some people need parts for a machine that have to be there asap. Hours can be a big thing. Had a company that had a part overnighted from Germany. Weighed 68#'s, so you know it cost some coin (this was pre over 70's). If they would've had sonic air at the time, I bet they'd have used it too. But was a part for a machine and every hour it was down was costing them like $10,000. So paying that price wasn't a problem at all.

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
what could you possibly need delivered today? besides organs...hmmmm.........
UPSLG/SCS/Whatever they are called this week is one of the bigger users of SonicAir. One of the SCS solutions offered is to get parts on-site within X number of hours, and I think the SonicAir driver can perform other services at the site - such as unpacking/packing and FRU swaps. The high cost of getting a bandage via SonicAir is worthwhile when you are bleeding money.

Long ago, I made regular use of same-day shipping (though I had to arrange a courier at each end and a flight for the package). The company I worked for did not want to have something that would gross us ~$1.2million take all night to get there.