Just for fun - game or reality show

Channahon

Diesel,

What a great video, and I'm guessing this would not be your game show of choice.

I usually don't call my husband over while I'm here, but I couldn't resist on this one. How much could these guys possibly be paid or win?

brazenbrown

DEAL OR NO DEAL!

So I could slap Howie Mandel!:slap:

Although the models holding the boxes are nice to look at and there are lots of them.:happy-very:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I'd do well on that one where contestants have to remember lyrics, there'd need to be a stunt double to do the singing.
:puppet:

My brain recalls lyrics better than important things like: people's names, dentist appointments, shopping lists...

wkmac

Put me down for "Let's Make A Deal" with Monty Hall. Enjoyed this show in my childhood. Something about having cash in one hand and a living room suit in the other and then risking it all for what's behind curtain #1, #2 or #3! Would it be a new car or cart pulled by a goat!

Now that was our Vegas in the Leave It To Beaver/Mayberry world that was America then!

:happy-very:

diesel96

I use to like coming home from school and watching this guy's show: but his bio is really impressive yet weird and controversial.

Chuck_Barris.jpg

• Born: 3 June 1929
  • Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
  • Best Known As: Host of TV's The Gong Show
Chuck Barris co-created and hosted the 1976-80 game show hit The Gong Show. The program was a goofy contest of bad talent, with hapless contestants being "gonged" off the stage by a celebrity panel of judges. Barris also dreamed up two earlier hits, The Dating Game (1965-73) and The Newlywed Game (1966-74), which now are considered the forerunners of 21st-century "reality" romance shows like The Bachelor. Barris wrote a 1984 book titled Confessions of a Dangerous Mind in which he claimed that while hosting The Gong Show he had been an undercover agent for the CIA. Many were skeptical of his claims, and Barris has generally refused to elaborate on them in public. In 2002 George Clooney directed a film version of Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, with Sam Rockwell as Barris and co-starring Drew Barrymore and Julia Roberts.
Barris also directed and starred in the 1980 film The Gong Show Movie... He wrote a second autobiography in 1993: The Game Show King: A Confession... Barris wrote the pop tune Palisades Park, a hit for Freddy 'Boom Boom' Cannon in 1962, and wrote the theme songs to many of his game shows... After their initial network runs, both The Dating Game and The Newlywed Game were revived in later syndicated versions... Among contestants on The Gong Show was Paul Reubens, later known as TV star Pee-wee Herman.

Wkmac,
What was the name of the Lets make a Deal's model ? Was it Carrol Marrel or something like that ?

Channahon,
Thx, you should you tube some of those game shows in the far east......hilarious

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
My wife had to see what I was LMAO about. She very seldom looks in on what I'm reading on the Net. She was howling when she watched it to. My game of choice was Concentration back in the day.

wkmac

'Let's see what Carol Merrill has behind door No. 2.' :happy-very:

That was it! When you put it like that it all came back. What was also fun was just how goofy people would dress up to get on the show. Such a purely simple gimmick sure left a lot of fond memories. After school was Let's Make a Deal followed by the Mike Douglas or Merv Griffin show.

Man I miss those totally innocent and simple days.