just one more full week....

old levi's

blank space
And you know it will go fast because we will be so busy. Don't overlook the opportunity to brighten someone's day with a sincere compliment or some small act of kindness. And if someone does or says something really stupid (and they probably will) try to overlook it and see the God-core within the person (it's there). We will get through this; we always do. Be careful, be safe, and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas in advance. Peace. :santa:

DS

Fenderbender
Got a text msg Friday.
8:00AM start monday peak day.Be ready to leave the building at that time.
We got a foot and a half of snow this weekend,all the side streets will not be plowed yet.It could be a long week.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just one more week. Then things really fall to pieces. I always enjoyed peak even though it was hectic. At least I knew what I was going to be delivering from day to day and had a helper. It's the month or two after peak that really gets to be a drag. First they always lay off way more drivers than they need to - then they combine parts of routes so you never know from one day to the next what you will find hidden in your package car. After peak always sucked.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
I dread after Christmas almost more than peak. You get a ton more area to cover with no density and they want you to have the same amount of stops that are spread out over a bigger area. Usually work about the same hours as peak. July is the same for a few weeks around the 4 th. but at least it is warm and stays light out until late.
:wornout:

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
Rod and Old Brown shoe, You are both soooo right! January is almost worst than peak because of the layoffs and covering different areas than normal. I just keep thinking, A couple more minutes of daylight today compared to yesterday. The older I get,the less I like working in the dark, My eyes aren't what they used to be(along with just about everything else:wink2:) and the small print on labels and the glare through the windshield.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
And you know it will go fast because we will be so busy. Don't overlook the opportunity to brighten someone's day with a sincere compliment or some small act of kindness. And if someone does or says something really stupid (and they probably will) try to overlook it and see the God-core within the person (it's there). We will get through this; we always do. Be careful, be safe, and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas in advance. Peace. :santa:
Right back at you dino! great attitude! I' ll give it my best shot:peaceful:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Is it peak yet....wait....I'm in the feeder dept now.

Peak is the easiest time of year here.

Relax, let the seasonals do the work, make an occasional tip helping an old lady out. Ahhh yes, the life of a 22.3 inside. Bringing my laptop today in case I get bored.

To all my fellow UPS'ers slaving it out in vehicles for 12 hours in 3 feet of snow or whatever conditions, or sorting 8k packages in 4 hours with a stiff wind because all the bay doors are open, dress warm and take your advil!