Kagan hearings

av8torntn

Imagine that :wink2:

I find this entire thing amusing. We know this case is the reason Kagan got her nomination. It's fairly common for a justice to recuse themselves on cases they did work on before they got their nomination. We all know she will not recuse herself unless she became certain of the outcome. The amusing part is it is normally the leftists who are screaming about this justice or that justice should recuse themselves. It's great to see the tables turned and see them all defend Kagan. You would think they'd not be hypocritical and call for Thomas to recuse himself.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I find this entire thing amusing. We know this case is the reason Kagan got her nomination. It's fairly common for a justice to recuse themselves on cases they did work on before they got their nomination. We all know she will not recuse herself unless she became certain of the outcome. The amusing part is it is normally the leftists who are screaming about this justice or that justice should recuse themselves. It's great to see the tables turned and see them all defend Kagan. You would think they'd not be hypocritical and call for Thomas to recuse himself.

I'm pretty sure they have called for Thomas to recuse himself, and I'm pretty sure that's not going anywhere either. I think Kagan is probably a lock in favor and Thomas is a lock against. Conventional wisdom says it will be a left/right split with Kennedy being the decider, but it might not be that close. It wouldn't surprise me to see a 6-3 decision or even a 7-2.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm pretty sure they have called for Thomas to recuse himself, and I'm pretty sure that's not going anywhere either. I think Kagan is probably a lock in favor and Thomas is a lock against. Conventional wisdom says it will be a left/right split with Kennedy being the decider, but it might not be that close. It wouldn't surprise me to see a 6-3 decision or even a 7-2.

What Thomas's wife does is totally separate from him..........if he went around high fivin' because he loves obamacare and was so happy it passed he tweeted friends about it, then he should go too.........and, they all could get hit by a bus Monday!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What Thomas's wife does is totally separate from him..........if he went around high fivin' because he loves obamacare and was so happy it passed he tweeted friends about it, then he should go too.........and, they all could get hit by a bus Monday!!

Thanks for the chuckle :happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Legal ethics experts agree that there is nothing in the Code of Judicial Conduct that prevents the spouse of a judge or justice from taking public political positions. "

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
"Legal ethics experts agree that there is nothing in the Code of Judicial Conduct that prevents the spouse of a judge or justice from taking public political positions. "
That's all very well, but I haven't heard of any "Legal ethics experts" calling for Kagan to recuse herself either. Shocking :wink2: