Keeping a Route While in the Military

Seymour Packages

Does an RPCD keep their route while training or deployed? Bids are for life in my local. I was at the right place at the right time and I bid on a very good route compared to 95% of the other routes in my building. If I go away to Basic Training then AIT school or when I am eventually deployed, will my route be put up for permanent bid? I know UPS has to hold my job, continue my progression, and my local will hold my seniority, but I can find anything on keeping my route. Thanks.

Overpaid Union Thug

Does an RPCD keep their route while training or deployed? Bids are for life in my local. I was at the right place at the right time and I bid on a very good route compared to 95% of the other routes in my building. If I go away to Basic Training then AIT school or when I am eventually deployed, will my route be put up for permanent bid? I know UPS has to hold my job, continue my progression, and my local will hold my seniority, but I can find anything on keeping my route. Thanks.
If it was your bid route before you shipped then it’s yours when you come back. They can probably (depends on your local language) temporarily bid it until you get back.

Also....any route that comes open while you’re gone is yours when you come back if you want it. And if you have seniority over whoever won the bid in your absence.

trickpony1

So there are no misunderstandings, the OP should get a withdrawal card from his local union office prior to this break in employment. Safeguard this document.

Don't accept the:
"oh...well...we don't do that anymore. It's on the computer that you are in the military.".

Get a document that says that.

Thank you for your service.

Overpaid Union Thug

So there are no misunderstandings, the OP should get a withdrawal card from his local union office prior to this break in employment. Safeguard this document.

Don't accept the:
"oh...well...we don't do that anymore. It's on the computer that you are in the military.".

Get a document that says that.

Thank you for your service.
I didn’t know about that when I enlisted. Luckily my local is cool and didn’t back due my ass when I got back

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
We have a guy in the reserves who had a sweet route. He’s been deployed 3-4 times in the 15 years I’ve been at ups. He has always come back to his route. In Northern California