Know Your Pension Postcard

my2cents

I received this postcard in the mail today. Anyone else ever get one of these? I can't figure out how I ended up on their mailing list.

Your pension
may be
in trouble.
Go to
www.knowyourpension.org
for more
information.​
know_your_pension.jpg

wkmac

m2c,
I got one of those several months ago and on the one hand Wiley might be right except a number of folks in our area who've had no involvement also got one. Some suggest it was via APWA and that could well be the case. That's where I'd look if I were you.

wkmac

Oh, I did visit the website and it's got some useful stuff but I have one problem with it. Under the "Who We Is" part, there literally nothing about the people behind this effort. When organizations like this aren't totally transparent my ears does up and have a major "?" concerning them.

They maybe outstanding but the MO just concerns me.

my2cents

Thanks for the feedback guys. In regards to the mailing list, I thought it was because of my purchase at www.unionist.com or maybe it is the APWA. I have to agree wkmac because I can't figure out who they are either.

iloadthetruck

Here is the domain registration info for knowyourpension.org:
Registrant:
Telos
ATTN: KNOWYOURPENSION.ORG
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA. 20172-0447

Domain Name: KNOWYOURPENSION.ORG

Administrative Contact:
Keenan, CJ [email protected]
Telos Group
ATTN: KNOWYOURPENSION.ORG
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
570-708-8780

Technical Contact:
Network Solutions, LLC. [email protected]
13200 Woodland Park Drive
Herndon, VA 20171-3025
US
1-888-642-9675 fax: 571-434-4620

Record expires on 06-Jan-2007.
Record created on 06-Jan-2004.
Database last updated on 13-Dec-2005 21:22:02 EST.

This was "privately" registered so finding information through the domain registration is more difficult. Unfortunately, Googling "Telos Group" finds a variety of companies, most of them management or consulting firms. Perhaps someone else can spend more time figuring this out?

my2cents

I have been in contact with these folks via email over the past few days. From what I gather, it appears to be an organization of volunteers with the purpose of educating participants about one's pension. They also have plans for starting a NYP message board. In regards to the mailing list, it apparently was obtained from a list broker.