Latest Whopper

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm far from a constitutional scholar but people have to understand that the founding fathers tried to set up our republic so that NO one person could have too much power. Checks and balances. It really was genius's that started this nation. It' aint perfect. Not saying that but they also built in changes that could be made by accepting amendments tothe constitution. Another genius move.

Obama or trump hopefully could not do too much damage . Yes they have executive powers which I don't understand. Yes either party can not get much done when the other party controls congress. But sometimes that is a good thing.

No matter how great a president we have , it is very dangerous to give them too much power. A good president could do a lot of good but a bad/evil president could destroy this republic.

Changes , good and bad, should come in increments. Not all at once. It's easy to blame the president for everything that is wrong but it is usually not his fault. Conversely , when good things are happening the president usually gets the credit and that is not the case either.

It will be fine

I'm far from a constitutional scholar but people have to understand that the founding fathers tried to set up our republic so that NO one person could have too much power. Checks and balances. It really was genius's that started this nation. It' aint perfect. Not saying that but they also built in changes that could be made by accepting amendments tothe constitution. Another genius move.

Obama or trump hopefully could not do too much damage . Yes they have executive powers which I don't understand. Yes either party can not get much done when the other party controls congress. But sometimes that is a good thing.

No matter how great a president we have , it is very dangerous to give them too much power. A good president could do a lot of good but a bad/evil president could destroy this republic.

Changes , good and bad, should come in increments. Not all at once. It's easy to blame the president for everything that is wrong but it is usually not his fault. Conversely , when good things are happening the president usually gets the credit and that is not the case either.
The biggest flaw that is apparent is the incumbency advantage. The founders thought each branch would protect their own power. They underestimated how congress could and has given power away to the executive while still being rewarded with reelection.

vantexan

The biggest flaw that is apparent is the incumbency advantage. The founders thought each branch would protect their own power. They underestimated how congress could and has given power away to the executive while still being rewarded with reelection.
The founders didn't envision a professional politician class in Congress. They were supposed to do their turn then return to whatever they did before.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I’am not that picky
pinks pink

As long as it's wet.
51F8F816-5A3A-4CDA-ADA7-F3439A4805FD.gif

It will be fine

The founders didn't envision a professional politician class in Congress. They were supposed to do their turn then return to whatever they did before.
Yup. They really whiffed on that one. That’s my biggest hope for Joe’s one term. Bipartisan consensus to strip the executive of power and return it to the people’s branch of congress. Probably a pipe dream.