Layoffs

PT Car Washer

In my less seniority years I didn't bump back to part time when laid off from driving. I took the layoff, the unemployment, and laid on the couch watching the snow fall. I was single with no kids, and knew I'd be laid off and had enough money for it.
I imagine that took a lot of pride. I never took a dime I did not earn. But that is just me.

undies

I do ground deliveries and pick ups while FT drivers are laid off. Has to be 8 hours of work before you can file. I always punch out early to avoid that situation. I also have not ran any air in the AM since January so the laid off drivers can get a few extra hours in.
You're stealing work from a fellow teamster.

box_beeyotch

In my less seniority years I didn't bump back to part time when laid off from driving. I took the layoff, the unemployment, and laid on the couch watching the snow fall. I was single with no kids, and knew I'd be laid off and had enough money for it.

And you were able to collect unemployment even though you could work? This has been my question for weeks

Overpaid Union Thug

Guaranteed as a minimum. Also there will be a lot of higher seniority PT who may want the extra hours.
Full-timers in my area get extra work over part-timers regardless of company seniority. As they should. I mean why should a 15 year part-timer (for example) get priority over a full-timer? Especially when you consider that most part-timers with that much seniority have already passed on going full-time.

I don't call it stealing. I call it seniority. I haven't been running air in the morning so the younger guys can have a little extra work.

How are you running ground as a part-timer while full-time drivers are laid off? That would be sqaushed quickly in my area.

Last edited: