Le-a

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
You know, I just don't get it. Understanding this poor child will go through life, correcting everyone how to pronounce the name, why does anyone do this to a child?

When my daughther was pregnant, she came up with some names, which I told her 1) you're nuts, 2) watching too many soap operas, 3) think about a profession for your kids, and that is how they will be addressed and sign their names forever.

This is one of the few times she listened to me. Both grandkids have normal names, spelled their normal way and you can tell which is the girl and which is the boy. What a novel thought.

Remember Dick and Jane - now I am dating myself!!

not to mention, this child has to take her name out onto the playground with her, and, kids are mean. poor little Dasha is going to have a tough go of it.

smf0605

Dual personalities? (sorry, I had to go with that little play on words.)

Anyway....stupid people should not have kids.

Both of my kids have fairly normal names. We named my daughter Allyson with a Y instead of an I. That was as crazy as we were willing to go.

Chev, even that Y is going to cause her a problem all her life. My name is very simple, but it has an unusual spelling (to this day I have to correct people on its spelling), I gave my kids extremely normal names with no twist on spelling at all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I actually named both of my kids. My daughter is Megan Lynn and my son is David Paul--simple, boring names. The only confusion Megan gets is when people try to add an "h" to her name.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yup, my new car came with 6 free months of Sirius. I think I'll have to pay for it after the 6 months just to have the "80s music" station!

With over $1B in debt due and payable in early 09 you may not have to worry about that. My 5000 shares of Sirius stock that I bought for what I thought was a steal now look pretty stupid sitting there in my SMA.

chev

Nightcrawler
With over $1B in debt due and payable in early 09 you may not have to worry about that. My 5000 shares of Sirius stock that I bought for what I thought was a steal now look pretty stupid sitting there in my SMA.
:sad-little: It's not looking good and I love my SiriusXM. I have 4 units, including the 2 I gave my parents for Christmas. I can't believe how little that stock is worth. You may as well cash it in and buy a Happy Meal.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My wife is a substitute teacher at a local school. A little girl has the name "Shi-thole". Its pronounced "sha-toe-lee". Some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I actually named both of my kids. My daughter is Megan Lynn and my son is David Paul--simple, boring names. The only confusion Megan gets is when people try to add an "h" to her name.

My girls are Sara Alyssa, Angelica Jessica, Abigail Lynne, Julia Anne and Emilia Grace. Same problem with my Sara, everyone wants to add an H. We spelled Emilia with an E, so it would be a spin off of my Father inlaw's name, which is Emigdio (He's Cuban, from the island). That was as creative as we got with names. All are pretty normal, except for Emilia, which sounds like Amelia and is commonly misspelled as such.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I remember on family vacations, my parents would go to the gift shops and get little mementos of where we were. For instance, on occasion they would have Disney world on a small license plate with your name on it or keychains, fridge magnets, wallets. I recall looking for my name and being pissed if I couldn't find it, eventhough it's a basic name.

People have basically blew that industry out of the water. How could they ever keep up with the weird-ass names

ol'browneye

My wife is a teacher. One of her co-workers told a story to her about when she worked in the city. Seems she had a little girl named "Female" in her class. The first time she met the girl's mother she asked the mother "Your daughter has a very unusual name. How do you pronounce it?" She said it was pronounced Fem-al (as in Al, a guys name). The teacher asked if it was a family name as she had never seen that name before. The mother said "No, I didn't name her. That's what the hospital put on her birth certificate!":rofl: