Let's Play The ... How Many PERKS Have Gone Away Game!

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Awwwww the good ole days. Back when we had "BPP, IPP, Bravo Zulus w/MONEY Attached, Shift-Differential and the Extra Fifty Cents if you were doubles qualified."

I remember when UPS only made about $0.30 to $0.50 more ... way back in the '90's right?

Did I miss anything?

Hold on, wait a minute. Can't forget that "Purple Promise Check" for ... what was it? ((((( $33.00 )))))

That's when I took out the "Purple Promise I.V." ... that was hilarious and downright pitiful.

fedupped

Employee stock purchase plan was nice. Quarterly purchase of your before tax percentage bought at the median price with 15% discount off that. The next shareholder meeting will ask to increase the stock options to 16 million from 8 million to help reward the upper mgmt cronies BTW....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Awwwww the good ole days. Back when we had "BPP, IPP, Bravo Zulus w/MONEY Attached, Shift-Differential and the Extra Fifty Cents if you were doubles qualified."

I remember when UPS only made about $0.30 to $0.50 more ... way back in the '90's right?

Did I miss anything?

Hold on, wait a minute. Can't forget that "Purple Promise Check" for ... what was it? ((((( $33.00 )))))

That's when I took out the "Purple Promise I.V." ... that was hilarious and downright pitiful.

More people need to get off the PP IV. That's what we get for being passive...a screwing.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
not technically a 'perk' of course, but here's a biggy for me - feeling as though I was actually a valued member of a respectable organization....Perhaps that's what I miss most of all. There's a lot to be said for self-esteem, and Fred and Co. have managed to entirely strip that away.

Sniper

Pension, then being "asked" to move to PPA......

Having PPA shoved up our "ask".

JUMPSEATING...JUMPSEATING.....

watching OUR company implode while expanding at the same time....sad stuff. But I still love my job!!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Pension, then being "asked" to move to PPA......

Having PPA shoved up our "ask".

JUMPSEATING...JUMPSEATING.....

watching OUR company implode while expanding at the same time....sad stuff. But I still love my job!!!!

Assuming you are actually serious, how could anyone actually like their job at this place these days? Or are you just being sarcastic?

Sniper

I like my job because I am topped out. I work 4x10 with Mondays off. With my personals and floaters I have 6 weeks off every year. (there is no where I could go, given my age, that could even come close to that). I run a rural extended route which consists of 45 stops and 300 miles a day.

I get to enjoy this scenery every single day.

fedext.jpg wt.jpg snow.jpg tsf.jpgsvf.jpgfvf.jpgsvff.jpg

I don't agree with all the decisions MEM has made, especially concerning the traditional pension, jumpseat and now the hour break.....BUT I am still part of it and proud of it. I also started a side business which occupies most of my "spare" time so life is good right now.

Our station consists of a lot of "old timers" who have seen the company change but know their job and how to service our customers. It helps when work groups can work "together" and get the job done.

We have a pretty good managers at our station, I have seen 1 or 2 which were better, but I have also seen 4 or 5 which were a lot worse. They are in the same boat we are right now....just trying to hang on and wait for better days.

Attitude is everything and likewise bad attitudes are very "contagious"... I go in every day with a good attitude.

I even got "drafted" yesterday (Saturday) and tomorrow (Monday). Am I happy about that? No. But the bright side is I will have two good checks the next two weeks. I will be able to buy a new toy with the overtime. Give me a lemon and I will try and make lemon aid....not "kool aid"..lol :happy-very:
fedext.jpg
wt.jpg
snow.jpg
tsf.jpg
svf.jpg
fvf.jpg
svff.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I like my job because I am topped out. I work 4x10 with Mondays off. With my personals and floaters I have 6 weeks off every year. (there is no where I could go, given my age, that could even come close to that). I run a rural extended route which consists of 45 stops and 300 miles a day.

I get to enjoy this scenery every single day.

View attachment 10043 View attachment 10051 View attachment 10052 View attachment 10053View attachment 10054View attachment 10055View attachment 10056

I don't agree with all the decisions MEM has made, especially concerning the traditional pension, jumpseat and now the hour break.....BUT I am still part of it and proud of it. I also started a side business which occupies most of my "spare" time so life is good right now.

Our station consists of a lot of "old timers" who have seen the company change but know their job and how to service our customers. It helps when work groups can work "together" and get the job done.

We have a pretty good managers at our station, I have seen 1 or 2 which were better, but I have also seen 4 or 5 which were a lot worse. They are in the same boat we are right now....just trying to hang on and wait for better days.

Attitude is everything and likewise bad attitudes are very "contagious"... I go in every day with a good attitude.

I even got "drafted" yesterday (Saturday) and tomorrow (Monday). Am I happy about that? No. But the bright side is I will have two good checks the next two weeks. I will be able to buy a new toy with the overtime. Give me a lemon and I will try and make lemon aid....not "kool aid"..lol :happy-very:

I respect your sentiments. However, just having a positive attitude isn't going to stop the quest to keep taking away. I'd rather be paid fairly and have a good benefits package than have a scenic route and an F250 4X4. You say you've been "in the truck" for 21 years, which doesn't square with being topped-out. I have friends who have in more than 21 who still aren't there. Glad you're happy, but they have taken away a huge amount from us, and a nice route, vehicle, and view aren't really compensation for that.

Last edited:

El Morado Diablo

You say you've been "in the truck" for 21 years, which doesn't square with being topped-out. I have friends who have in more than 21 who still aren't there.

I don't think you're being fair with this statement. I have a few less years "in the truck" and I'm topped out. Remember, we've had bi-annual and annual reviews with all sorts of raise percentages. People with consistently good reviews should have outpaced those with lower reviews. Lots of reasons for it given the weighting given to each category (on-road, safety, etc).

Sniper

You are both correct.

Reviews back "in the day" made all the difference in the world as far as pay was concerned. I got 6.5, 6.7 back when it mattered. My last review under the old system was the unheard of 7.0.

I got lucky and had just topped out when IPP or Pro Pay went away and then we got some serious step raises.

I know of couriers here with 17+ years who are not topped out because of lower review scores and it will be hard for them to catch up to us.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
A little FYI for you topped out couriers..... If you step down to a lower position, say CSA, and do that for over two years, and decide to go back to being a courier, FedEx will screw you. If you are out of position for over two years you will NOT go back to top pay when you go back to courier. Matters not how long you were a courier previously, or how long you were topped out before. I found that out the hard way. Over 25 years at FedEx and NOT topped out. Thank you FedEx.

bigbird00

OP. needs,same thing happened to me.went bown to P/T for less than 2 years and fell into the never to see top of range again after being toped out 4 years after I started.People First!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
OP. needs,same thing happened to me.went bown to P/T for less than 2 years and fell into the never to see top of range again after being toped out 4 years after I started.People First!
​Going P/T shouldn't have dropped your pay as long as you stayed in same job classification. Plus, if it was LESS than two years you should have returned to top pay if you changed classifications.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't think you're being fair with this statement. I have a few less years "in the truck" and I'm topped out. Remember, we've had bi-annual and annual reviews with all sorts of raise percentages. People with consistently good reviews should have outpaced those with lower reviews. Lots of reasons for it given the weighting given to each category (on-road, safety, etc).

Sniper answered the question...good reviews allowed quicker top-outs for some. I know of at least 2 people with 23 years that are not topped-out.