letterboxes

Bigbass3

Does anyone have a bid part time letter box job ? If so how does the job work in your center,does full timers do the job or part timers ? Any input on what you did for your bid job will be deeply appreciated. Thank You .

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Does anyone have a bid part time letter box job ? If so how does the job work in your center,does full timers do the job or part timers ? Any input on what you did for your bid job will be deeply appreciated. Thank You .

I'm a FT driver myself, but we're all pretty cool with the PM air drivers in our center. Most days they arrive at around 5:00, get their PCM, and take off. Most are back in the building by 8:00-8:30. I do believe the one guy who has the heaviest pickups actually goes straight to the airport, which would mean he doesn't make it back to the building until about 9:30.

I love when our air drivers go on vacation. They ask the FT drivers on the air drivers area if anyone is interested in the overtime before they seek alternative means. I always take it. Nothing beats 3+ hours of driving in circles and picking up 2 and 3 envelopes at a time out of LBX's at a clip of $46 an hour.

over9five

Staff member
I love when our air drivers go on vacation. They ask the FT drivers on the air drivers area if anyone is interested in the overtime before they seek alternative means. I always take it. Nothing beats 3+ hours of driving in circles and picking up 2 and 3 envelopes at a time out of LBX's at a clip of $46 an hour.

x2. I used to have the air route pickups in my DIAD after my regular pickups "just in case"!

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I covered a pm route for two months 25 drop box stops, 3 customer stops, and a few on-call air stops usually 30-33 stops total. Was at the airport by 10 pm and back at the building by 10:45pm

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
In my center, they are combo jobs, bid by drivers that are a couple years away from retiring. 3-4 hours driving, then 4-5 hours working inside. I'm an air exception driver, cover air routes when the regular drivers are on vacation, sick, etc. Depending on the route, 10-30 letter boxes, 5-10 business pick ups & maybe 2-4 on calls. Occasionally they may have a delivery, & get to deliver on Saturdays.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
ours used to be covered by article 22 guys, then they did away with those, so the 8 letter boxes were split onto 2 routes. so now those routes are almost guaranteed over 9.5 errday