Local 542 (San Diego) Ballots go out November 11th!!!

Hofficer Hater

The 542 election ballots will be mailed out tomorrow November 11th. Vote count is December 9th.

It appears like only about 6000 members will be eligible to vote. Can reformers defeat the Hoffa loving incumbents?

We've seen Charlotte NC; Orange County CA and Philadelphia defeat Hoffa loving incumbents in the past month, will San Diego follow the trend?

542thruNthru

The 542 election ballots will be mailed out tomorrow November 11th. Vote count is December 9th.

It appears like only about 6000 members will be eligible to vote. Can reformers defeat the Hoffa loving incumbents?

We've seen Charlotte NC; Orange County CA and Philadelphia defeat Hoffa loving incumbents in the past month, will San Diego follow the trend?

Hmmmm....
sketch-1573452624026.jpg

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Wow a 21 day voting window is unheard of. My understanding was the ballots were going out the 11th. I have never heard of a local union election having such a short window for voting.

It's clear evidence that the V-friend slate is worried. 28 days is the norm for most elections.

Which slate are you supporting brother?
Which do you support?

542thruNthru

Wow a 21 day voting window is unheard of. My understanding was the ballots were going out the 11th. I have never heard of a local union election having such a short window for voting.

It's clear evidence that the V-friend slate is worried. 28 days is the norm for most elections.

Well your understanding was wrong, also your 6000 members is wrong. I don't know who you're getting your info from but they aren't very informed.

I'm waiting to hear all sides. So far I'm not impressed.

How can they get mailed out today when the Post office is closed?

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver

A 21 day ballot is the norm and set in place in the Constitution. It can be longer but why?

Hofficer Hater

Well your understanding was wrong, also your 6000 members is wrong. I don't know who you're getting your info from but they aren't very informed.

I'm waiting to hear all sides. So far I'm not impressed.

You have about 9000 members, but approximately 3000 are not on dues check off and aren't current on their dues.

542thruNthru

I have seen no bad reception at my building. To be honest it seem like the same reception Members for Members is getting. Though I have seen the MFM slate standing around trying to heckle and intimidate as the PTW slate hands out fliers but that's politics.

I'd like to hear this election rules violation... if it's anything like the other two I've seen filed on the current board I doubt it's anything real. I recently saw online the last two election violations they accused the current board of and they were shot down. So please tell me the violations.

Hofficer Hater

I have seen no bad reception at my building. To be honest it seem like the same reception Members for Members is getting. Though I have seen the MFM slate standing around trying to heckle and intimidate as the PTW slate hands out fliers but that's politics.

I'd like to hear this election rules violation... if it's anything like the other two I've seen filed on the current board I doubt it's anything real. I recently saw online the last two election violations they accused the current board of and they were shot down. So please tell me the violations.

The VF slate wasn't allowing the mailing house to send a mailer out for the MFM slate claiming that because they weren't doing one the reform slate couldn't either. If this is the case and the reformers lose the Department of Labor will automatically call a rerun. Hofficers in JC 42 like :censored2: and H are saying that VF likely will lose.

542thruNthru

The VF slate wasn't allowing the mailing house to send a mailer out for the MFM slate claiming that because they weren't doing one the reform slate couldn't either. If this is the case and the reformers lose the Department of Labor will automatically call a rerun. Hofficers in JC 42 like C and H are saying that VF likely will lose.

Will see. It's going around my building that the MFM Secretary Treasurer candidate doesn't know how to read a LM2. I'm hearing good and bad on both side. I don't know about any mailer but I was at the meeting when it was explained to the MFM president candidate how to go about having one sent out and what it would cost.