Local 542 (San Diego) Ballots go out November 11th!!!

Hofficer Hater

Will see. It's going around my building that the MFM Secretary Treasurer candidate doesn't know how to read a LM2. I'm hearing good and bad on both side. I don't know about any mailer but I was at the meeting when it was explained to the MFM president candidate how to go about having one sent out and what it would cost.

First of all the costs are different at different places. There hasn't been an election at 542 is over 15 years and I doubt th incompetent Hoffa puppets in office know. The Hoffa puppets will always claim reformers don't know how to read an LM-2.

Not only is there issues at UPS, it appears like First Transit also have a issues with their representation. And there's a video interview to prove it.

Should we bring up the horrible Costco contract negotiated by suspended VP - Rome A?

542thruNthru

First of all the costs are different at different places. There hasn't been an election at 542 is over 15 years and I doubt th incompetent Hoffa puppets in office know. The Hoffa puppets will always claim reformers don't know how to read an LM-2.

Not only is there issues at UPS, it appears like First Transit also have a issues with their representation. And there's a video interview to prove it.

Should we bring up the horrible Costco contract negotiated by suspended VP - Rome A?

Actually Dereck doesn't know how to read a LM2. The video he made about our locals financials were wrong in a few ways. This was all read for us in a general membership meeting. His claim that the BAs make too much. Was him adding their salaries and travel expenses together and telling everyone that it was their salary. His claim that the local spent 394k on office furniture and equipment was him adding the amount they spent along with the depreciation of everything the local owns. These are just a few examples.

Finding one member in El Centro that's upset with his BA hardly proves anything especially as the interview was obviously scripted. but if he is upset he can vote for MFM.

You're honestly not worth talking to about this. You had a side picked before this thing even started. You would support the reformers even if they were all child molesters. Me I'll go through all the information and facts and make my decision this week.

Hofficer Hater

Actually Dereck doesn't know how to read a LM2. The video he made about our locals financials were wrong in a few ways. This was all read for us in a general membership meeting. His claim that the BAs make too much. Was him adding their salaries and travel expenses together and telling everyone that it was their salary. His claim that the local spent 394k on office furniture and equipment was him adding the amount they spent along with the depreciation of everything the local owns. These are just a few examples.

Finding one member in El Centro that's upset with his BA hardly proves anything especially as the interview was obviously scripted. but if he is upset he can vote for MFM.

You're honestly not worth talking to about this. You had a side picked before this thing even started. You would support the reformers even if they were all child molesters. Me I'll go through all the information and facts and make my decision this week.

It's clear you're an old guard supporter. You probably thought the imposition of the contract and the 22.4s were a good move. You remind me of all the blind Andy M followers.

Hofficer Hater

I forgot to mention 542 has the lowest paid sanitation members in the nation, even below the substandard contracts negotiated by RH at 396.

542thruNthru

It's clear you're an old guard supporter. You probably thought the imposition of the contract and the 22.4s were a good move. You remind me of all the blind Andy M followers.

Yep you caught me. It's so obvious I'm a old guard supporter.
source-2.gif

browndevil

My Dude, this member has worked for First Transit on and off for 6 years? Why so many gaps in employment? Sounds like this member has more issues than the BA can help. Oh and I'm sure VERY SURE the Local has monthly Memberships meetings. Try attending meetings. That way you can see your BA and fellow officers

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
When more then 8% of the costco member vote they will probably get more.
....or maybe they will decertify first?

Seems like the Teamster SOP is too often to blame the members for lack of participation, rather than looking at the leadership?

Last edited by a moderator:

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
$1.31 in pension per hour is a disgrace.

Do you have any idea what Western Fund does compared to other funds? They are 100% from what I hear and have a better return than most others which means that $1.31 there might be the same monthly payment as $5 somewhere else. Do you know what proposals came from the people in the group? If someone says I want to keep r increase my 401k instead of increasing a pension, that is what the negotiator should do. You don't get to decide for other companies.

542thruNthru

Do you have any idea what Western Fund does compared to other funds? They are 100% from what I hear and have a better return than most others which means that $1.31 there might be the same monthly payment as $5 somewhere else. Do you know what proposals came from the people in the group? If someone says I want to keep r increase my 401k instead of increasing a pension, that is what the negotiator should do. You don't get to decide for other companies.

Western is 92% funded.

From what I was told their proposals were more about pay raises then anything. The problem is most Costco employees are in there 20s. None of them care about a pension. Hard to fight for something the members don't want.

Unless its 22.4s. ;)

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Western is 92% funded.

From what I was told their proposals were more about pay raises then anything. The problem is most Costco employees are in there 20s. None of them care about a pension. Hard to fight for something the members don't want.

Unless its 22.4s. ;)

Yeah. When you look at a unit, if they are young they always want money. Middle aged usually worry about benefits for kids and raises. Older guys want pension and healthcare. Bottom line, the guys get to decide their priority and it isn't right for others to question their decisions. It's their lives.

542thruNthru

The VF slate wasn't allowing the mailing house to send a mailer out for the MFM slate claiming that because they weren't doing one the reform slate couldn't either. If this is the case and the reformers lose the Department of Labor will automatically call a rerun. Hofficers in JC 42 like C and H are saying that VF likely will lose.

Again your information is wrong.

MFM wanted everyone's address and was told they can not have it. Then they wanted to use a Mailer that wasn't a union shop and couldn't get certified by the IBT.

But don't worry they got their mailer out.
sketch-1574572386413.jpg