long hair in or out

H

harry

I am looking for any information on drivers that have been allowed to have long hair concealed in a UPS hat. Specifically, any won or current arbitrations

D

dannyboy

Hmmmm I could have sworn that I posted on this earlier.....

WE had a driver that had very thick curls down to well below the shoulders. Wore it under the cap while he was on the clock by aggreement. Did it that way for about 18 months and then cut it off. It was a real pain and hottern heck during the summer. Never went to the panel, as far as I know.

THe panel WILL enforce the dress and appearance codes.

F

fups

i say cut it off.... doesn't look respectful..
clean cut all the way

N

no

WE had a guy who worked parttime for years with hair down to his rear,refusing to cut it to go fulltime. About 8 years ago he was allowed to tuck it in a hat and be a fulltime driver. Just before peak 2002 he showed up for work with no hat
and a very long ponytail. Needless to say he has not been back since. Is it worth losing your job over?

M

michael

At one time we had a driver that was a member of a band. He had long hair so he could keep his image up as a band member. He tucked it up under a hat or at times he wore a wig to cover it. No one had a problem with it as long as it remained looking respectable and business like. He eventually quit the band because it wasnt generating enough income to be worth the trouble the hat and/or wig caused him.

What could have become a very bad situation was handled using logic and common sense and everything worked out in the end. This happened about 14 or 15 years ago when it was popular to have longer hair and this was a heated issue. Kind of makes you wonder what happened doesnt it?

D

dammor

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. If women have to put it up in the hat and you choose to do so then I see no difference.
We had a situation like that here many years ago and I'm sorry to say I don't know what became of it. If you want to have long hair under your hat then take it to the union. As long as it is up it shouldn't matter.

D

deb

My husband has 26 years with U.P.S. He is a feeder driver. He had long hair for 6 years (1995-2001) He kept the neckline underneath trimmed so that when he tucked it up under his cap it appeared as though he had short hair. His supervisors never gave him any trouble.

U

upsdude

"This happened about 14 or 15 years ago when it was popular to have longer hair and this was a heated issue. Kind of makes you wonder what happened doesnt it?"

michael........

I know what happened! Our faces got longer at the top! LOL! The only long hair I have now is in my ears! I could grow a gotee though! Fat Chance! LOL!

T

trouble1903

If my hair is down (mind you it's just past the shoulder) when I leave the building I get a message befor I leave the property line to get it up. But in others centers out of our building they can wear it down as long as it's tied back or braided. Before they would tuck it into their shirts.

M

michael

upsdude..

I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in that department !
cheers.gif

Michael