Look at this

I GOT ONE MORE

gold_spot_price_XAU_USD.png
GOLD

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
No wonder UPS doesn't give out the gold coins at Christmas anymore. Cheap bastards can't even afford the turkey these days.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
$32/hr you can easily buy your own turkey.

While this may be true, it is the principle of the matter. It is about feeling appreciated.

There are no longer any Christmas parties, no years of service, no safe driving awards, no retirement recognitions.

What really grabs me is the retirement. A person puts in all the time and effort into the job(might even be a circle of honor driver) and UPS won't put forth a little effort to recognize said driver.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Our center has a very nice ceremony for our retirees. We had a very nice ceremony for our most recent Circle of Honor member.
That's not at every center. If it was left up to our center manager, he'd offer nothing but a handshake. He's way too cheap. If he has a ceremony of any kind, it is because JT forced him to.

jaker

trolling
While this may be true, it is the principle of the matter. It is about feeling appreciated.

There are no longer any Christmas parties, no years of service, no safe driving awards, no retirement recognitions.

What really grabs me is the retirement. A person puts in all the time and effort into the job(might even be a circle of honor driver) and UPS won't put forth a little effort to recognize said driver.
They will quickly recognize the moment you hurt yourself or crash the truck

wgf46

Do supervisors and center manager receive bonuses ? That would explain the reasoning behind the hurry up and get it done mentality, other than just saving money for the company.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Do supervisors and center manager receive bonuses ? That would explain the reasoning behind the hurry up and get it done mentality, other than just saving money for the company.
LOL!!! Of course they do. on the United Way stuff, as well.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Of course they do. Last I checked, it was twice their monthly salary.

UPS can keep their turkey. Cheap bastards.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Actually the years of service awards have been reinstated for milestone years.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Gold is rising as our dollar is devaluing. I think maybe that was his point. Gold historically isn't very reliable though...If we start doing things necessary to raise our dollars value then gold starts dropping again. Gold shouldn't be more than 10% of your total overall portfolio if you have one. Besides, when economies collapse, the don't start looking for gold, they start looking for commodities. Water, batteries, foodstuff, and medical supplies become the currency of the day. What are you going to sell your gold for? Commodities. Not the worthless dollars their valued at. Besides, gold only has value in a stable economy.