Looking for some clarification

Hi, I started one day before the beginning of peak season as a cover driver. From the 14th of October till the 26th. I had virtual inter grad and had to go to Atlanta for half a day. I was permanet part time. I drove from November till Jan 15. my pay rate was significantly higher than the other 2 “seasonal” drivers. I was informed that I needed to submit a new application for cover driver. I did so but somewhere somehow something happened on UPS’ end. I was forced to become a preloader and take a 60% pay cut while they was trying to figure everything out. now On this Friday sup asked me if I still hand my D.O.T card i answered yes but asked him why what is going on, am I finally going to start driving again? He refused to answer and ignored me. When I get home I check my email and have a message from ups stating I need to fill out a new application by Monday. The app was for a full time combination driver. My question is what is that? If it helps the centers local is 728

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Hi, I started one day before the beginning of peak season as a cover driver. From the 14th of October till the 26th. I had virtual inter grad and had to go to Atlanta for half a day. I was permanet part time. I drove from November till Jan 15. my pay rate was significantly higher than the other 2 “seasonal” drivers. I was informed that I needed to submit a new application for cover driver. I did so but somewhere somehow something happened on UPS’ end. I was forced to become a preloader and take a 60% pay cut while they was trying to figure everything out. now On this Friday sup asked me if I still hand my D.O.T card i answered yes but asked him why what is going on, am I finally going to start driving again? He refused to answer and ignored me. When I get home I check my email and have a message from ups stating I need to fill out a new application by Monday. The app was for a full time combination driver. My question is what is that? If it helps the centers local is 728
working preload is a good sign you are hired permanently..don’t rush it my friend. It is normal for low seniority drivers to go back to preload after peak..I mean you’ll never be a RPCD but combo guy is at least something. One girl here had to go back to class because she took the “seasonal” driving course.
🧔✊

Last edited:

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
That could mean a couple different things. I’m not on the package side so I’ll leave the details to the other guys but it most likely means a 22.4 driver. Meaning you are SUPPOSE to load on preload and then drive. My understanding is they never use this position for loading and you drive the full day at a discounted rate compared to a RPCD (regular package car driver).

Don’t worry, @MECH-lift I got this one...

YOU’LL NEVER MAKE RPCD!!!!

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
working preload is a good sign you are hired permanently..don’t rush it my friend. It is normal for low seniority drivers to go back to preload after peak..I mean you’ll never be a RPCD but combo guy is at least something.
🧔✊
Damn you’re quick.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Okay thanks for shedding some light. I know our center did not have 22.4’s. Up until the start of February us drivers would come in load our on trucks and PCM’s then start our day. Then management started phasing out the drivers for preloaders. The center has 18 RPCD’s. I believe we have 25 package car drivers in total, the rest being cover drivers and the ones without a dedicated route. Also we have an air driver in the morning and one at night. I’m relatively new sorry for questions. But the sup is no help.

PT Car Washer

I have heard 22.4 delivery drivers referred to as "combination drivers". The only time I ever see than work inside is when they are laid off which is exactly what RPCD do when they are laid off from driving.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
You’ll never be a RPCD lol
# @MECH-lift
#🧔✊🏼

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If you feel you have a case Call the Hall 404-622-0521,but from what you posted it doesn't look to me like you have anything to grieve . It reads as if you will soon be given the chance at a shot for a 22.4 position. Oh yeah, management didn't have anything to "figure out" as they knew you were a Seasonal Employee. The Supe will NEVER EVER help. Dont waste your time with those jerk offs. Craft meetings are held the Second Saturday of each month at 9:am. I would suggest going to the meetings and getting straight info.