Lost jobs....

HULKAMANIA

just received word tonight that yet another route is being eliminated where I work.

I mean what is going on here and why isn't the union fighting to keep these jobs in place?!?!?

I am to the point I feel like I should put my house up for sale just in case. What's the point in working for this company if that's what you are forced to feel like?

We keep losing volume everyday due to the powers that be stupidity! Spend millions on Orion only to lose millions due to loss of PAYING customers. OH BUT WE HAVE MILES DOWN. Well congratulations you simple minded pieces of excrement!

Is anybody else out there bothered by all of this? Isn't the point of paying union dues a form of ensuring job security?

Im really starting to think that ups has some plan up their sleeve and it's going to be catastrophic. I mean the union has already proved to be nothing but a bunch of wimps that cave and cater to everything the company wants whether it's fair to its members or not.

5habits100

just received word tonight that yet another route is being eliminated where I work.

I mean what is going on here and why isn't the union fighting to keep these jobs in place?!?!?

I am to the point I feel like I should put my house up for sale just in case. What's the point in working for this company if that's what you are forced to feel like?

We keep losing volume everyday due to the powers that be stupidity! Spend millions on Orion only to lose millions due to loss of PAYING customers. OH BUT WE HAVE MILES DOWN. Well congratulations you simple minded pieces of excrement!

Is anybody else out there bothered by all of this? Isn't the point of paying union dues a form of ensuring job security?

Im really starting to think that ups has some plan up their sleeve and it's going to be catastrophic. I mean the union has already proved to be nothing but a bunch of wimps that cave and cater to everything the company wants whether it's fair to its members or not.
So leave and go work for a non union company. You are not forced to stay at UPS.

Bye

HULKAMANIA

Don't you get it jackass? A lot of people are being forced to do just that. Why don't you step out of your own little conceited bubble and think of others for once. No one is forcing me or others to stay you are right but SOME are being forced to leave.

BYE

5habits100

Don't you get it jackass? A lot of people are being forced to do just that. Why don't you step out of your own little conceited bubble and think of others for once. No one is forcing me or others to stay you are right but SOME are being forced to leave.

BYE
No crybaby they aren't being forced to do anything. Get a tissue, wipe your tears and realize people make choices in life. You chose to stay or go.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

How has this become the unions fault? Or is it just your turn to post something negative? Just because they eliminate a route doesn't mean they eliminate a driver. Your job protection is covered in your contract.

Ron Carey lives on

As new bean counters advance up the corporate ladder with very limited driving experience if any, expect rediculous numbers, and performance pressure. Its up to all of us to take a stand

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

Most centers cut at least one route after starting ORION. But driver habits play a part too. Do you have lots of people running and skipping their lunches?

HULKAMANIA

Most centers cut at least one route after starting ORION. But driver habits play a part too. Do you have lots of people running and skipping their lunches?

These were actually feeder jobs. Thank you for being one out of the bunch that knows how to talk to a fellow employee with some decentcy. So to answer your question no they wasn't doing that it was just jobs that got moved and or eliminated. These other guys don't seem to realize it's a domino effect. Somewhere down the line someone is losing a job. It's no big deal unless it's theirs. I'm a crybaby though. Insert huge eye roll.

rod

Retired 22 years
Probably not much can be done about it. The Union always told us that the Company has the right to ruin their own business.

5habits100

These were actually feeder jobs. Thank you for being one out of the bunch that knows how to talk to a fellow employee with some decentcy. So to answer your question no they wasn't doing that it was just jobs that got moved and or eliminated. These other guys don't seem to realize it's a domino effect. Somewhere down the line someone is losing a job. It's no big deal unless it's theirs. I'm a crybaby though. Insert huge eye roll.
They have the right to eliminate jobs when they can get it done with other bargaining unit employees.

Insert a bigger eye roll.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Article 6 of the National Master provides for a National Teamsters/UPS Committee for Technological Change.
I have repeatedly asked this forum, and those who claim to be in the know, what the results were of the meetings of this committee in regards to ORION.
I'll ask again, has anyone been a privy to read the minutes or reports of this committee?
Surely they met?

Overpaid Union Thug

So, they moved a Feeder run? I believe that involves a change of operation. And I would think that someone could follow the work. But then that leaves you with one less Feeder run in your building. But if your local bids feeder openings in multiple buildings then that would maybe solve the problem. But since you are here saying that it's lost jobs then I'm guessing your local doesn't do that either.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Article 6 of the National Master provides for a National Teamsters/UPS Committee for Technological Change.
I have repeatedly asked this forum, and those who claim to be in the know, what the results were of the meetings of this committee in regards to ORION.
I'll ask again, has anyone been a privy to read the minutes or reports of this committee?
Surely they met?
insert cricket sound....

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

Our Union and corporate UPS are equal entities promoting their self preservation

I believe in the near future UPS will no longer be associated with the teamster union. I hope i am long gone by then

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Surely they met?
insert cricket sound....

Jordan8021

Useless union at best.