Making the Right Decision with Lawsuit Money, Real Opinions, Please

Which would be a better investment?

• Multiple FedEx Routes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Grimreaper11368

Hi, all. Hope everyone and their families are well. I've actually been trying to post for days. But for some reason none of my Gmail accounts were receiving the confirmation emails and I reached out to the contact us on multiple occasions but never got a response. So I would truly appreciate you guys and girls' opinions. I was hurt a year and a half ago in a really bad fall. I ended up having to get 5 surgeries, something I'm still in the process of completing. Among them, an acdf fusion, a lumbar discectomy, and arthroscopic surgeries on my shoulder, knee, and heel. I'm getting the fusion next. So this has been a really rough time. A ton of pain, doctor's appointments etc. You guys can imagine. So anyway my lawyers and I are anticipating a nice settlement. And I'm here for some advice. I have a friend who owns two routes and has been suggesting that I buy a few once I get my money. I've done a lot of research. And it seemed like a great idea. But then I found this site, and it seems like so many of you--real route owners and employees--have so many reservations with these routes. I would love some advice to know if perhaps my friend is trying to save face and not seem like he made the wrong decision or if it really was a great investment. The only other business that I found that would be a good investment was car washes. So we live in NY where there are a ton of apartment buildings. I will most likely be able to afford various routes. I plan on shadowing my friend for 3-6 months before I go in and try to buy my own it I do go the fedex routes. He says that with three to six months shadowing him, I should be prepared to handle 3 or 4 or maybe even 5 routes. Alternatively, I would only be able to buy two really good car washes and hold a note for a little extra to make a bit more money out of the car washes. That is, if I was to buy 4 good FedEx routes it would cost me just about equal to the amount that I'm expecting to ultimately receive. If I buy two really good car washes I would be making more money but I would also owe money on top of what I ultimately expect to get. Now many things can happen, amounts can change. But please give me your advice assuming this case works out in this particular way. Thanks so so much and I appreciate you taking the time to read this. God bless. I would just like honest, unbiased options. Thanks again!

bacha29

Hi, all. Hope everyone and their families are well. I've actually been trying to post for days. But for some reason none of my Gmail accounts were receiving the confirmation emails and I reached out to the contact us on multiple occasions but never got a response. So I would truly appreciate you guys and girls' opinions. I was hurt a year and a half ago in a really bad fall. I ended up having to get 5 surgeries, something I'm still in the process of completing. Among them, an acdf fusion, a lumbar discectomy, and arthroscopic surgeries on my shoulder, knee, and heel. I'm getting the fusion next. So this has been a really rough time. A ton of pain, doctor's appointments etc. You guys can imagine. So anyway my lawyers and I are anticipating a nice settlement. And I'm here for some advice. I have a friend who owns two routes and has been suggesting that I buy a few once I get my money. I've done a lot of research. And it seemed like a great idea. But then I found this site, and it seems like so many of you--real route owners and employees--have so many reservations with these routes. I would love some advice to know if perhaps my friend is trying to save face and not seem like he made the wrong decision or if it really was a great investment. The only other business that I found that would be a good investment was car washes. So we live in NY where there are a ton of apartment buildings. I will most likely be able to afford various routes. I plan on shadowing my friend for 3-6 months before I go in and try to buy my own it I do go the fedex routes. He says that with three to six months shadowing him, I should be prepared to handle 3 or 4 or maybe even 5 routes. Alternatively, I would only be able to buy two really good car washes and hold a note for a little extra to make a bit more money out of the car washes. That is, if I was to buy 4 good FedEx routes it would cost me just about equal to the amount that I'm expecting to ultimately receive. If I buy two really good car washes I would be making more money but I would also owe money on top of what I ultimately expect to get. Now many things can happen, amounts can change. But please give me your advice assuming this case works out in this particular way. Thanks so so much and I appreciate you taking the time to read this. God bless. I would just like honest, unbiased options. Thanks again!
Every thread you start....every post you make.... you're changing your story. As a result....nobody believes anything you're saying now. Move on.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Grimreaper11368

The story is the same. Just look at the two texts. They wouldn't let me post it all together at first so I broke it up. Please stop your ad hominem personal attacks, man. I'm trying to be respectful to you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Open up a full service dog care business, day care, grooming, boarding, and training. People will be forking over the moola. People actually pay a monthly fee to drop their dog off.

fedx

Extra Large Package
If you're getting that big of a settlement, I'd just put it in a high interest CD that has no risk. But if you are set on those 2 choices, I'd probably go with the car wash. Or buy storage garage units. That just sits there and gets monthly rent. Owning a route requires a lot of overhead......vehicles, employees, etc. When you have employees, you have all kinds of taxes you have to take out and government regulations and insurance, including unemployment and disability. And you have to worry about if someone calls in sick, you have to cover their route. And there would be a lot of pressure to make deliveries everyday. Employee turnover would be a big issue too. I would look into something that doesn't require much management like a car wash or storage units.

vantexan

If you're getting that big of a settlement, I'd just put it in a high interest CD that has no risk. But if you are set on those 2 choices, I'd probably go with the car wash. Or buy storage garage units. That just sits there and gets monthly rent. Owning a route requires a lot of overhead......vehicles, employees, etc. When you have employees, you have all kinds of taxes you have to take out and government regulations and insurance, including unemployment and disability. And you have to worry about if someone calls in sick, you have to cover their route. And there would be a lot of pressure to make deliveries everyday. Employee turnover would be a big issue too. I would look into something that doesn't require much management like a car wash or storage units.
When you put it like that, route ownership had better be lucrative to be worth the trouble. FedEx needs to remember that.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Not to piss on your parade but have the attorneys explained to you that any settlement money will also be subject to clawbacks for medical treatment?
It’s like subrogation.
If you receive a 1million dollar settlement and had 900,000 dollars the medical provider wants back. Things won’t look so rosy to you. This happens when another party is at fault for an accident or injury.
You are covered by insurance but they can go after that money to be reimbursed.
The attorney gets the same percentage no matter what.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
DD67B818-5DFB-4646-BBCF-DB717322A703.gif

!Retired!

If I had the money, and wanted to invest in a business. You can bet it would be something that was, for the most part, hands off with little risk.