Management took my I.D. need some advice.

John Jungle

To whomever can help me out. I've been with UPS for about five years now. I work the reload(evening shift) and recently became a cover driver and started driving the mornings. Last week I lied and told my supervisor that I drove in the morning twice so that I didn't have to work that evening. I understand that this is wrong and shouldn't have lied but truthfully my reasoning for not going in to work that evening was that I have problems adjusting my sleep schedule and get really anxious and have problems sleeping when its off. I want to get my job back. Is there any unions "rules" I should look into in order to support my case. Thank you

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Your only "case" will be to beg for your job back. I hope you had an otherwise clean attendance & work record.

I highly recommend you immediately delete what you just posted.

Call your Teamster Business Agent ASAP

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
To whomever can help me out. I've been with UPS for about five years now. I work the reload(evening shift) and recently became a cover driver and started driving the mornings. Last week I lied and told my supervisor that I drove in the morning twice so that I didn't have to work that evening. I understand that this is wrong and shouldn't have lied but truthfully my reasoning for not going in to work that evening was that I have problems adjusting my sleep schedule and get really anxious and have problems sleeping when its off. I want to get my job back. Is there any unions "rules" I should look into in order to support my case. Thank you
Didn't you think they could check to confirm your story? You need to talk to your BA and shop steward ASAP.

AndUPSER

If you're going to lie, which I would never recommend, you should have said you were feeling sick instead of saying something they could easily check on, like you driving that day.

Good luck at making book for driving.

UPS4Life

Gotta watch when you start using sleep as an excuse also. You'll be the next one forced to get a sleep study for sleep apnea and not work until your getting "proper rest"

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Gotta be a smooth criminal not a dumb criminal son. Work on your game man if your having problems with things like that. Always try and think things out a couple times in your head before pulling the trigger and shooting yourself in the foot. Get what im saying youngblood? We all mistakes, but the mistakes are what you have to learn from.

Don Spite

Gotta be a smooth criminal not a dumb criminal son. Work on your game man if your having problems with things like that. Always try and think things out a couple times in your head before pulling the trigger and shooting yourself in the foot. Get what im saying youngblood? We all mistakes, but the mistakes are what you have to learn from.

Hey! I wasn't a mistake!

But seriously OP, just tell the truth next time. If you're tired drink something and plow through it, assuming you aren't going to fall asleep at the wheel or something.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You're right...I've seen drivers do way worse and keep their job. But a PTer? It's a coin toss....

It's the opposite way in my center. Drivers are getting fired from left to right in my center, most of them are sticking. When part timers lie, nobody really cares. I guess its because drivers are more scrutinized and supervised by the big bosses who has the power to drop the hammer.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm not going to enable and support some liar just because it says so in the union book, only clowns who don't have a mind of their own do that. My parents taught me right from wrong, and nothing is going to change that.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It is not managements business to be dealing with an employees private health concerns. Hopefully everyone is aware of privacy and disclosure. I would see a doctor asap for your sleep issues. In our region, you cannot be disciplined for health issues.