MAPP Payout???

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
At first, I thought we were being given three sick days to use, instead of the current five. I then heard next years MAPP payout will be limited to three unused days. So make sure you take at least two sick days. I know someone in my old district who confirmed this.
Or take all five and make sure you get paid for all. What are they going to do? Give you a bad review? Lol.

fatboy33

So, instead of the 5 paid days due an employee for not calling in sick, the employee will only be credited for 3 this year? I guess it goes without saying why they didn't tell us prior to last June. This will create a mistrust to the point where,I'd predict 85 percent of employees will use the full 5 this year. Rainy days, extremely hot days, snow days, Mondays, Fridays, hangovers, Movie openings, heavy route expected, got lucky, new food joint or just laziness, sick days will be used up.

Artee

At first, I thought we were being given three sick days to use, instead of the current five. I then heard next years MAPP payout will be limited to three unused days. So make sure you take at least two sick days. I know someone in my old district who confirmed this.

OK...Starting this fiscal year you will get paid for 5 sick days when you take them. If you take more than 5 instead of being unpaid like in the past they will start using your vacation for sick day #6 and so on, That is if you have any sick days left. It does not include the two weeks which they mandate you to take.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So, instead of the 5 paid days due an employee for not calling in sick, the employee will only be credited for 3 this year? I guess it goes without saying why they didn't tell us prior to last June. This will create a mistrust to the point where,I'd predict 85 percent of employees will use the full 5 this year. Rainy days, extremely hot days, snow days, Mondays, Fridays, hangovers, Movie openings, heavy route expected, got lucky, new food joint or just laziness, sick days will be used up.
As they should be.

SmithBarney

OK...Starting this fiscal year you will get paid for 5 sick days when you take them. If you take more than 5 instead of being unpaid like in the past they will start using your vacation for sick day #6 and so on, That is if you have any sick days left. It does not include the two weeks which they mandate you to take.
But we already know this, it falls under the FMLA rules they changed last year. Use your Vacation for FMLA, its crap but falls within the realm of the law. LWOPS are pretty much a non option now.(until you run out of vacation days, they can't take the last week of vacation for your FMLA/sick days)

fatboy33

Except for the Memorial day vacationers, most employees have used up their vacation days by April. LWOPS or Sick day without pay, same thing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Why does anyone ever question our dire need for a union?

Artee

But we already know this, it falls under the FMLA rules they changed last year. Use your Vacation for FMLA, its crap but falls within the realm of the law. LWOPS are pretty much a non option now.(until you run out of vacation days, they can't take the last week of vacation for your FMLA/sick days)
Last year it was optional to use your vacation if you wanted. It no longer is.

I didnt get my mapp pay ...weird ..i heard it was only sick days...anybody know bout vacation time i have 3 weeks i never used.

BootsOnTarmac

I didnt get my mapp pay ...weird ..i heard it was only sick days...anybody know bout vacation time i have 3 weeks i never used.

Are you part time? If you are, I can understand giving up vacation weeks paid at 20 hours per week if you normally do more hours and need the pay. When I was part time I never looked forward to a vacation week because my 20 hour paycheck barely covered my living expenses.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Are you part time? If you are, I can understand giving up vacation weeks paid at 20 hours per week if you normally do more hours and need the pay. When I was part time I never looked forward to a vacation week because my 20 hour paycheck barely covered my living expenses.
That's when you sell your vacation back.