Medals

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
CSP meeting this morning dropped this on us apparently, FedEx is becoming the Olympics. Contractors will now be rated as bronze, silver or gold. Bronze tier contractors will be required to have weekly meetings with terminal management over how to improve their metrics, while golds will receive better contracts (supposedly) and have first dibs on abandoned or taken territory.

contractor rating will also determine the max size of your operation 35% of the building is what we were told is the new max is and the lower your rating the lower that percentage goes.

Supposedly this goes live February 2nd anyone else know anything about this?
Perfect opportunity to push the smaller contractors out. Makes perfect sense. They're not capable of turning a profit (to hear them tell it) because the terms of the contracts are so bad, but larger contractors operate at a scale that allows them to absorb changes without as much of an impact on their bottom line. Better to shift things to the investor class guys,

It will be fine

Perfect opportunity to push the smaller contractors out. Makes perfect sense. They're not capable of turning a profit (to hear them tell it) because the terms of the contracts are so bad, but larger contractors operate at a scale that allows them to absorb changes without as much of an impact on their bottom line. Better to shift things to the investor class guys,
Problem with that thought process is FedEx doesn’t care about contractor’s profitability. They care about safety and service metrics. From my experience larger contractors have worse safety and service results than smaller ones. The owners are too far removed from day to day operations and their management staff isn’t great. So if the medals are awarded by safety and service they aren’t going to be squeezing out the little guys.

bacha29

Doesn't matter if you've got 5 routes, 50 routes or 500 routes you still have to try and convince some guy to take a lessor deal.

How much of that contractor job slop do you think you can get somebody to eat?

Sure you might get somebody to run for you when he's laid off from his real job....But the moment he gets that recall phone call it's ."see ya later ya all".

bacha29

What topic do you think he covers? Bragging about himself? Whining about imaginary grievances? Insulting the audience? All of the above?
In Dano's "it's all about me" and " what have you done for me lately " world you know what he'll talk about. His mom's only concern is that he makes certain to wear clean underwear.