Media Bias

rickyb

I agree with the irony , but even a biased NY times reporter has to pretend to not editorialize.
theres no such thing as "objectivity" because you would have to be an all knowing god to report on anything objectively. for more look up what howard zinn has to say. everyone gets their perspectives and opinions into a piece no matter how "objective" they are trying to be.

the history behind objectivity from what i remember was to give voice to the moneyed interests. its an excuse. the truth is far from reporting 2 sides of a story; thats just bad reporting.

newfie

theres no such thing as "objectivity" because you would have to be an all knowing god to report on anything objectively. for more look up what howard zinn has to say. everyone gets their perspectives and opinions into a piece no matter how "objective" they are trying to be.

the history behind objectivity from what i remember was to give voice to the moneyed interests. its an excuse. the truth is far from reporting 2 sides of a story; thats just bad reporting.

its always interesting to see someone from the left complain about media bias

rickyb

in many cases i dont think its interesting to hear right wingers complain about media bias. it means they understand that the media is rigged like alot of other things.

newfie

I would like to apologize to my fellow posters for hogging all the derail awards. I don't think I'm always the best candidate but I appreciate the awards anyway though I wish they would share these awards with others. we have some talented posters here who also deserve your recognition. thanks

newfie

in many cases i dont think its interesting to hear right wingers complain about media bias. it means they understand that the media is rigged like alot of other things.

we have become accustomed to expecting the truths of presidential campaigns.

a) we are all uneducated racists who hate women and want to steal their rights to abort 9 month old fetuses.
b) We expect the MSM will run a full court press once the presidency is down to two people. Pravada is a light weight compared to NBC in October of any presidential race.

rickyb

we have become accustomed to expecting the truths of presidential campaigns.

a) we are all uneducated racists who hate women and want to steal their rights to abort 9 month old fetuses.
b) We expect the MSM will run a full court press once the presidency is down to two people. Pravada is a light weight compared to NBC in October of any presidential race.
you lost me newf

moreluck

golden ticket member
1vdKMEw.png

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It’s no secret that Facebook has a fake news problem. Critics have accused the social network of allowing false and hoax news stories to run rampant, with some suggesting that Facebook contributed to Donald Trump’s election by letting hyper-partisan websites spread false and misleading information.

Gizmodo has learned that the company is, in fact, concerned about the issue, and has been having a high-level internal debate since May about how the network approaches its role as the largest news distributor in the US.

http://gizmodo.com/facebooks-fight-against-fake-news-was-undercut-by-fear-1788808204

moreluck

golden ticket member
The media went nutsy because Trump went to dinner with his family and didn't inform them !! Where were they when Hillary went 200 days hiding??

moreluck

golden ticket member
President Trump invited the Pope for lunch on his mega yacht, the Pope accepted
and during lunch, a puff of wind blew the Pontiff's hat off, right into the water.

It floated off about 50 feet, then the wind died down and it just floated in place.

The crew and the secret service were scrambling to launch a boat to go get it, when
Trump waved them off, saying "Never mind, boys, I'll get it."

The Donald climbed over the side of the yacht, walked on the water to the hat, picked
it up, walked back on the water, climbed onto the yacht, and handed the Pope his hat.

The crew was speechless. The security team and the Pope's entourage were
speechless.

No one knew what to say, not even the Pope.

But that afternoon, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN all knew how to cover the story.
Their banner headlines read, "TRUMP CAN'T SWIM!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
GM Lied To The Public And To Trump About Where Chevrolet Cruze Sedans Sold In The USA Are Assembled | Zero Hedge

On Tuesday, president-elect Trump tweeted about General Motors, stating the GM was building its Chevrolet Cruze in Mexico, importing them to the US tax-free, and selling them at US car dealers.

“General Motors manufacturers the Chevrolet Cruze sedan in Lordstown, Ohio,” a General Motos spokesman told U.S. News & World Report in a statement Tuesday. “All Chevrolet Cruze sedans sold in the U.S. are built in GM’s assembly plant in Lordstown, Ohio.”
GM says it also builds the Cruze hatchback in Mexico to sell in global markets, and only a “small number” of those are sold in the U.S. It did not clarify the number. The hatchback model went on sale in the U.S. for the first time this fall.

GM is selling Cruze sedans manufactured in Mexico, in the same Ohio town that builds Cruze sedans. And at the same time, GM is brazen enough to say it doesn’t sell Cruze sedans built in Mexico in the US, saying all Cruze sedans in US dealerships are built in its Lordstown, Ohio plant.

A car buff has determined that all cars made in Mexico will have VIN starting in 3G1 .
The MSM took GM at their word in order to counter Trump's tweet without checking on the facts .
He found cars for sale in Lordstown dealerships that were made in Mexico .
Given GM's history of lying , its rather odd that Politifact, ThinkProgress, GOOD, Addicting Info, and Salon would publish something that was fake.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
GM Lied To The Public And To Trump About Where Chevrolet Cruze Sedans Sold In The USA Are Assembled | Zero Hedge

On Tuesday, president-elect Trump tweeted about General Motors, stating the GM was building its Chevrolet Cruze in Mexico, importing them to the US tax-free, and selling them at US car dealers.

“General Motors manufacturers the Chevrolet Cruze sedan in Lordstown, Ohio,” a General Motos spokesman told U.S. News & World Report in a statement Tuesday. “All Chevrolet Cruze sedans sold in the U.S. are built in GM’s assembly plant in Lordstown, Ohio.”
GM says it also builds the Cruze hatchback in Mexico to sell in global markets, and only a “small number” of those are sold in the U.S. It did not clarify the number. The hatchback model went on sale in the U.S. for the first time this fall.

GM is selling Cruze sedans manufactured in Mexico, in the same Ohio town that builds Cruze sedans. And at the same time, GM is brazen enough to say it doesn’t sell Cruze sedans built in Mexico in the US, saying all Cruze sedans in US dealerships are built in its Lordstown, Ohio plant.

A car buff has determined that all cars made in Mexico will have VIN starting in 3G1 .
The MSM took GM at their word in order to counter Trump's tweet without checking on the facts .
He found cars for sale in Lordstown dealerships that were made in Mexico .
Given GM's history of lying , its rather odd that Politifact, ThinkProgress, GOOD, Addicting Info, and Salon would publish something that was fake.
In a follow-up email, a General Motors spokesperson said, "In the fourth quarter of 2016 we built some sedans in Mexico (and shipped to the U.S) to help support the launch of the Lordstown plant with the new Cruze (that was announced and reported on last summer) – about 8,000 total. So some of those are still in inventory in the U.S., but the only Chevrolet Cruze models being built in Mexico now for the U.S. market are the hatchbacks."

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A great group for Mr.Fedx and some others to join.

Former Obama staffers launching anti-Trump site called 'Crooked Media'

Three former staffers to President Obama are launching an anti-Donald Trump media site called “Crooked Media.”

Tommy Vietor, Jon Favreau and Jon Lovett, who served as spokespeople and speechwriters for Obama, say the site's aim is to go around traditional media to reach millennial Democrats.

“I think the lesson for [Democrats] is that if you’re solely filtering your message through the media, you’ve already lost,” Vietor told Time magazine. “[Trump] has Breitbart and Twitter and he’ll just swamp you. We need to do a better job of connecting directly and activating people.”

“We’re not journalists, we’re not unbiased, we’re not always serious and we’re certainly not always right,” Vietor, Favreau, and Lovett explain in Crooked Media's mission statement. “But we promise a no-bulls–t conversation about politics where you can laugh, cry, scream, ridicule us daily, share your ideas, and hopefully decide that you want to help fix this mess too.”