Media Bias

bbsam

Staff member
I also heard the entire tape and it does nothing to let the half ass investigation of the local police off the hook, now does it? Don't care if Z is a racist or not. There is no sane way he should have walked.

wkmac

this thread isn't about guilt or innocence....it's about the media just making stuff up to suit it's agenda!!

I guess my question to you then, which side of the media narrative are you accusing of such deceptive practices? Seems making that judgement may well boil down to also making a judgement of guilt or innocence too or was that judgement a held precondition leading to the conclusion you reached?

It's a chicken and egg question!
:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I guess my question to you then, which side of the media narrative are you accusing of such deceptive practices? Seems making that judgement may well boil down to also making a judgement of guilt or innocence too or was that judgement a held precondition leading to the conclusion you reached?

It's a chicken and egg question!
:wink2:
All I'm saying is.....there is a real 911 tape. Instead of just playing it, they spoke it and didn't say the exact words. That's not accurate reporting!

moreluck

golden ticket member
It was NBC that did it.......here's what they did.

"the “Today” segment took this approach to a key part of the dispatcher call:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.​
Here’s how the actual conversation went down:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.​
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?​
Zimmerman: He looks black.​
The difference between what “Today” put on its air and the actual tape? Complete: In the “Today” version, Zimmerman volunteered that this person “looks black,” a sequence of events that would more readily paint Zimmerman as a racial profiler. In reality’s version, Zimmerman simply answered a question about the race of the person whom he was reporting to the police. Nothing prejudicial at all in responding to such an inquiry.

In an appearance on Fox News’s “Hannity,” Brent Bozell, president of the conservative Media Research Center, called this elision on the part of ”Today” an “all-out falsehood” — not just a distortion or misrepresentation."

I won't search NBC's site. I'll freeze into a pillar like Lot's wife if I cast my eyes on Mat Lauer!

wkmac

More,

I want the actual link so I and others can read NBC's own words. It's nice of you to reprint the transcript of the specific part but I'll like to see and read the whole thing for myself.

bbsam

Staff member
Media bias plays no part in the heart of the issue here. Insignificant to the question of a grossly incompetent investigative team. That is if they bothered to investigate Z's claims.

By the way, I was impressed with Bill Kristol's POV on FNS this morning. I don't often say that.